Tutorial needs fixing

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
FluxCap1955

Tutorial needs fixing

Post by FluxCap1955 »

When explaining how burying and busting works the players must place two dice that each have the value of 4 but there are three places that these could be placed. The tutorial text reads: "Select the 4s and place one on each highlighted spot. Select the 5 and bury it in the yard (the yard will appear on the left).
Click Confirm button."

But there are three highlight spots and only two dice. If the user chooses to place on of the 4's on Bitsy the tutorial will prevent the user from advancing, giving the message "You must play the move indicated in the tutorial". Once this happens it is unclear to the user what they have done wrong or how they can fix it.

The fix I suggest is to explicitly instruct the user to place the 4's on Honcho & Jolene. There could also be further explanation that if you get an error message it is because you placed a 4 on Bitsy. Please click the Reset button at the top and place the dice again.
cigma

Re: Tutorial needs fixing

Post by cigma »

Please contact the author of the tutorial.
#zan_zendegi_azadi / #woman_life_freedom
#StandWithUkraine
Language is a source of misunderstanding. (Antoine de Saint-Exupery: The Little Prince) But it is also the source of understanding - it all depends on how you use it. :-)
FluxCap1955

Post by FluxCap1955 »

Good advice cigma. I contacted the author of the tutorial and the issue has been addressed.
123marcel

Post by 123marcel »

a) The tutorial got stuck when I had to choose the 2 4's and bury the 5. it ONLY allowed me to place the 4's ondog 1 and 3, NOT the middle dog for some reason. TUTORIAL SAID " Select the 4s and place one on each outlined spot. Select the 5 and bury it in the yard (the yard will appear on the left). Click Confirm button."

b) the tutorial goes thru the opponents moves VERY VERY fast. I cannot follow. THEN it just does all my moves as well. The tutorial no longer waits for my reply shortly after PROBLEM A above.

It just races to the end. VERY confusing. I've tried 4 times to learn. Even contacted BGA that said I need to post to the community.

I guess I won't play this game?
m
Kayvon

Post by Kayvon »

Tutorials are user-created by gaming enthusiasts like yourself. If you have an idea for a better tutorial, post it hereeand we'll check it out.

I kind of liked how the tutorial skipped through the stuff that it wasn't ready to explain yet. It showed it again at the end in an organized way. Not for everyone, I guess, but there's alway the rulebook, which is short and super simple for Spots
cigma

Post by cigma »

123marcel wrote: 28 April 2023, 17:33 a) The tutorial got stuck when I had to choose the 2 4's and bury the 5. it ONLY allowed me to place the 4's ondog 1 and 3, NOT the middle dog for some reason. TUTORIAL SAID " Select the 4s and place one on each outlined spot. Select the 5 and bury it in the yard (the yard will appear on the left). Click Confirm button."

b) the tutorial goes thru the opponents moves VERY VERY fast. I cannot follow. THEN it just does all my moves as well. The tutorial no longer waits for my reply shortly after PROBLEM A above.

It just races to the end. VERY confusing. I've tried 4 times to learn. Even contacted BGA that said I need to post to the community.
Same as I said before: If you think the tutorial could be improved, please contact the author of the tutorial.
#zan_zendegi_azadi / #woman_life_freedom
#StandWithUkraine
Language is a source of misunderstanding. (Antoine de Saint-Exupery: The Little Prince) But it is also the source of understanding - it all depends on how you use it. :-)

Return to “Spots”