Premium subscription price update (June 1st)

Board Game Arena Official announcements
vladydrt

Re: Premium subscription price update (June 1st)

Post by vladydrt »

Kincajou wrote: 09 May 2023, 21:45 So with changes to the payment system will we now be able to change our payment details without unsubscribing and resubscribing?
This is something we are currently working on with our payment system partner

Did you implement this feature? My card is going to expire this month and i would want to change my card data, not unsubscribe and resubscribe once again.
zizzeus

Post by zizzeus »

It's a good site, and I'm happy to continue supporting it.

Once you answer the 300 replies in the ELO System Updates thread and revert them.

https://boardgamearena.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=33785
aussievic

Post by aussievic »

With all the changes to the ELO system, and the price going up, it's really not fun anymore. In fact, it's frustrating. I've cancelled my subscription already.
Osnofaac

Post by Osnofaac »

Constant server issues
implementation of irrational measures (power levelling, amongst others)
total disregard for the community through lies and nonexistent communication

all of the above made me cancel the renewal of my supporter.
Dbl_ZZ

Post by Dbl_ZZ »

You are currently paying just under €24, current rate for becoming a premium member is €30 ($44CD), and then €36 ($53CD) after June 1st

Premium members at the time of the past price increase were able to stay at the €24 rate but it sounds like everyone will brought up to the new rate of €36.

Honestly, BGA Premium is an incredible value at any of these 3 price points...it's less than $5/mo. At that price you could only buy 2-3 physical board games a year.
User Already Exists wrote: 09 May 2023, 14:44 I'm confused. I am currently paying $34.80 Canadian dollars per year.

bga.png

I received an email saying that the price of my membership will increase from $42 Canadian dollars to $50 Canadian dollars.

So from $34.80 -> $42, that's a 20% increase.
From $42 -> $50, that's another 20% increase.

The overall increase is almost 44% from what I am currently paying.

Surely this is some kind of mistake. Since I'm not using any Premium features, I regard my membership as a kind of voluntary donation. Happy to continue doing so, but not at any price!

Return to “Official announcements [en]”