Looking for developers for Caboodle - Simple game - nice challenge with the scoring

Game development with Board Game Arena Studio
mikeprior2001

Looking for developers for Caboodle - Simple game - nice challenge with the scoring

Post by mikeprior2001 »

Hi everyone.

I have created a game which I'm currently self publishing. The rules are finalised and we have an online tournament running at the moment on playingcards.io which is going well which is why I think it would be great if it was on BGA. The feedback has been really encouraging so far.

The website is here: caboodlegame.co.uk

The BGG listing is here: https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/383483/caboodle

For the hard copy I'm 3D printing and hand painting them currently and I've sold a few to people on Instagram. I'm currently exploring some more efficient ways to make it using wooden tiles and vinyl stickers. You can see/follow progress on my Instagram: @mikeprior2001

So the game:

It's an abstract tile placement game with 40 tiles with 16 unique designs. Players place the tiles adjacent to a tile with the same shapes and score the number of points in the block that they added to. You can see it on the website pretty clearly. I'm also very happy to play a demo game on PCIO to show you how it works. It's super simple and take all of about 10 seconds to learn!

The rules are here: caboodlegame.co.uk/rules

I think the biggest challenge from a development perspective will be the scoring. I think it will be a fun challenge for someone to solve! No doubt there will be some kind of underlying grid system and scoring will need to look to adjacent squares in order to see if they match and add to the score if it does. However, it will become more complicated than that as the blocks of similar colours get bigger and become irregular shapes.

It'a an abstract game which is quite nice looking and I think it will translate really nicely onto the digital format. I have some experience with UI design and I worked as a product owner for a few years so I would be happy to provide some wireframes/designs of how I imagine it looking/behaving if that would help.

I'm pretty new to the BGA platform so please let me know if there is any other information you require!

Thanks in advance.

Mike

Return to “Developers”