Is there a RFTG public APi available for game data

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
ksasaki

Is there a RFTG public APi available for game data

Post by ksasaki »

I’ve tried to make statistic arguments before, but it’s hard without game data. Also, I was laid off from my job so I just want to pursue a small passion project at the moment. People probably know me as season 1,2,3 champion, and I want to write a race for the galaxy “shrine” website with detailed tactical and strategic advice for all, as well as data-driven metrics to support my claims.

As very bare-bones I would like to see this data:
expansion type / rules enabled
Player1 end rating / arena rating / final score / prestige count
Player 2 end rating / arena rating / final score / prestige count

End board state (end card names for both players)
beginning goals list (end goals state also preferable, but not necessary)

Nice to have: list of actions players took every turn, also end board state at end of every turn.

Thanks,
ksasaki
Retired Actuary

Re: Is there a RFTG public APi available for game data

Post by Retired Actuary »

First, sorry to hear about your job, I hope everything works out. Second, people have been asking for all sorts of APIs for years, but it doesn’t seem like it’s going to happen. And you can’t crawl the site and spider up the details, because that’s against the terms of service.

All that said, it’s my understanding that the publisher themselves have access to data dumps… see, for example the terrific thread in the Tapestry forums, where Jamey Stegmaier set someone loose on a bunch of data. If it were me, I would reach out to Tom Lehmann instead of Rio Grande games, though.

Good luck. I’ve also looked into mining some RftG API data here, and given up.

Return to “Race for the Galaxy”