Google Chrome Extension

Discussions about BGA (all languages)
Forum rules
Warning: challenging a moderation in Forum = 10 days ban
More info & details about how to challenge a moderation: viewtopic.php?p=119756
Tof63

Re: Google Chrome Extension

Post by Tof63 »

I wasn't satisfied with Agricola's rendering in dark mode, it was one of the very first games the extension handled, but very imperfectly.
As of yesterday, the latest version of the extension handles this game much more completely ... and I'd be interested in your feedback if you get a chance to test it!
Obojetnecowpisze

Post by Obojetnecowpisze »

Tof63 wrote: 13 February 2024, 09:26 If you have specific css for Apple devices you can send me !
If it doesn't break the display on other devices I can include it in the extension, or why not add a css file for Apple only. It could be detected in javascript.
Can't see that many differences to make it worth as of now, but if I will find some more then will let you know straight away!
Tof63 wrote: 28 February 2024, 18:53 I wasn't satisfied with Agricola's rendering in dark mode, it was one of the very first games the extension handled, but very imperfectly.
As of yesterday, the latest version of the extension handles this game much more completely ... and I'd be interested in your feedback if you get a chance to test it!
Agricola looks better now than before, I would recommend making harvest icon stand out a bit more, as it's now hard to notice, and if someone doesn't know the game well, might just think it's part of the background. I have tried few settings and something like using filter with drop-shadow(1px 2px 2px black) saturate(1.8) on it makes it more visible, and left-board and central-board have trees looking a bit off, so maybe worth adding something like contrast(1.1) opacity(0.9) but worth playing with it a bit more to see which would be the perfect setting, but that seemed to match numbers the most. But great one anyway!
Tof63

Post by Tof63 »

Thanks for your feedback!
I added a filter on the harvest image to highlight it, it will be in next version.
For the trees I'm not sure to understand what you mean, you tried to add a filter on "#overall-content" ?
Obojetnecowpisze

Post by Obojetnecowpisze »

Sorry, meant literally on the overlay or on left and central boards (doesn't make any difference really). But yes, can literally go on #position-wrapper #main-boards, will make it just a bit darker and more intense, but thanks to that trees will look more natural compared to the background. Really small change to be fair, but enough to see a difference in my opinion :).

If you want to play more with that, then you could also have the separate divs for the background images (img/left_3p.png and img/central.png) and just add filter only on those, but I wouldn't say it's worth the hassle, as it's already looking nice.
Tof63

Post by Tof63 »

Ok thanks, i will try this 🙂
Tof63

Post by Tof63 »

A new version is coming soon, with a few improvements requested by some of you.

1) The possibility to search for a table opened by one of your friend

2) A shortcut to some settings, with a new settings that allow you to activate/deactivate the tables tracking
Until now, it was always on, so you were always seen as connected as soon as Google Chrome was open.

3) A little warning when you delete a game.
Some users were unaware that deleting games was not a Board Game Arena feature, and therefore didn't know how to find deleted games.
Honestly it was missing a lot, I'm a bit ashamed not to have thought of it before ...

I hope you enjoy it all, good games to all!
Tof63

Post by Tof63 »

Would anyone be interested in a "dual screen" mode?
In other words, you could launch a game using two browser windows, and choose what you want to display in each window (game log, main board, player's board, ....). It could be nice for players with 2 screens (or a wide screen)?
I've started doing some tests and it should be possible...
If any players are interested in beta-testing this feature, please let me know. There's a bit of work to do, so I'm not necessarily going to jump in if nobody's interested.
At the moment, I'm not convinced that it's very useful :)
Tof63

Post by Tof63 »

I did a few more tests, and for the second game I tested, nothing worked because elements were resized in javascript in some cases.
Conclusion: to get this feature to work, I need to manage special cases for each game... that's what I did for the dark mode, but I confess I don't have the courage to do it again for a new feature (which will certainly not be useful to many users).
Forget it then, sorry ...

However, I've just published a new version, with 5 new games supported for dark mode, and fixes for "Feast for Odin" and "Ark Nova".

Enjoy!
Sammy McSam

Post by Sammy McSam »

Multiple windows sounds interesting. I probably wouldn't make much use of it myself. Could be a nice project but it sounds a lot of work.

For those with motion sensitivity:
Option to disable yellow pulse animation for real-time tables?

Return to “Discussions”