Discussions about BGA (all languages)
Forum rules
Warning: challenging a moderation in Forum = 10 days ban
More info & details about how to challenge a moderation: viewtopic.php?p=119756
Tof63

Re: Google Chrome Extension

Post by Tof63 »

Hello!

New version coming today to manage the dark mode in new "games in progress" page.
Tell me if you see any issue !

Hav a nice day everybody
Amau_Catepetl

Post by Amau_Catepetl »

Tof63 wrote: 07 February 2024, 10:09 Hello!

New version coming today to manage the dark mode in new "games in progress" page.
Tell me if you see any issue !

Hav a nice day everybody
I don't know if this is linked to the dark mode or not but the bottom of the page blinks : https://imgur.com/a/brB5Sqh

Otherwise, concerning the colors, it is good
Blacktango

Post by Blacktango »

You can try to disable the dark theme (by clicking on the moon to make it sunny), to see if it is related.
Amau_Catepetl

Post by Amau_Catepetl »

Indeed, it is not linked to the dark mode, thanks
Tof63

Post by Tof63 »

It could be related to the extension, it adds the delete buttons ...
Could you disable the extension and see if you get the same issue ?

EDIT : Issue reproduce on a browser without the chrome extension. Definitely not a bug from the extension :)

Thanks ;)
Tof63

Post by Tof63 »

I've just learned that some Android browsers based on Chromium accept Chrome extensions. I tested our Chrome extension with Kiwi Browser and it works pretty well!
There are just a few minor display issues. For example, setting a color to dark mode.
If users are interested, I can try to work on compatibility ...
Obojetnecowpisze

Post by Obojetnecowpisze »

After testing with Safari on MacOS and iOS - works perfectly on MacOS, has some problems with loading background on iOS, loads just black background instead. Pretty cool still though, as after using CSS way for so long, it's good to finally be able to go to the bugs section without having to cut the CSS out! Cheers. Happy to test it anytime on iPhone if needed.

Noticed bugs so far:
In Living forest the draw pile is invisible - along with number of cards, can be fixed by setting z-index of .lvf_playerboard_draw to -1 and z-index of .lvf_playerzone to 0

In New York Zoo, when choosing the tile to place, rotate and confirm buttons are invisible, can be fixed with setting for example filter: brightness(0) invert(1); on #generalactions .control-image
Tof63

Post by Tof63 »

Thanks for the feedback!

And thank you for your tests on Apple devices! Unfortunately I won't be able to debug anything on it because I don't own one :(
But from what you tell me it works pretty well...

I've reproduced the two bugs you pointed out to me on the games, I'm particularly interested in this kind of feedback!
So far I have tested 635 games in spectator mode + 145 in real conditions (I've added specific css for 580 of these games), but inevitably I missed a few things for the games tested in spectator mode ...
Obojetnecowpisze

Post by Obojetnecowpisze »

No worries, whenever I will find something on Safari, I will try to find a solution how to fix it as well, especially with a simple CSS bugs. As sometimes Apple way of CSS works a bit annoyingly compared to the same code on for example Chrome.

Feel free to PM me any changes you might want to check on Apple - and I will be happy to check it. And thanks for doing such a great job with this extension!
Tof63

Post by Tof63 »

If you have specific css for Apple devices you can send me !
If it doesn't break the display on other devices I can include it in the extension, or why not add a css file for Apple only. It could be detected in javascript.

Return to “Discussions”