Forum rules
Warning: challenging a moderation in Forum = 10 days ban
More info & details about how to challenge a moderation: viewtopic.php?p=119756
Tof63

Re: Google Chrome Extension

Post by Tof63 »

[Version Française en bas]

Hello,

I've fixed the floating menu with game log and players panels, and I've taken your requests into account: the option is disabled by default, and it's possible to enable it either globally, or for one or more games.
To do so, simply click on the extension icon, to the right of the address bar, when you're on a game, and activate the option in the popup that appears.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Bonjour

J'ai corrigé le menu flottant avec le journal de jeu et les panneaux des joueurs, et j'ai pris en compte vos demandes : l'option est désactivée par défaut, et il est possible de l'activer soit globalement, soit pour un ou plusieurs jeux.
Pour cela, il suffit de cliquer sur l'icône de l'extension, à droite de la barre d'adresse, lorsque vous êtes sur un jeu, et d'activer l'option dans la popup qui s'affiche.

Nastaa

Post by Nastaa »

Hi,

I have installed your extension because of the hide friends online/offline notifications and it works great, that's really cool 8-)
I use the navigation panel in Wingspan it is nice because otherwise it is just scrolling. In Earth, it is pretty and I find useful to have the association between username and color. Would it be possible to have a button to go to the fauna board like the in-game navigation has? If watching someone else's game the ^ button makes me see it but when I am in my own game, the ^ button takes me to the cards in my hand instead.

By curiosity, the features developed in this extension could later be transported to BGA, or is it in a different coding language/framework?

Thanks a lot for sharing your extension! :)
Tof63

Post by Tof63 »

Nastaa wrote: 07 June 2023, 10:14 Hi,

I have installed your extension because of the hide friends online/offline notifications and it works great, that's really cool 8-)
I use the navigation panel in Wingspan it is nice because otherwise it is just scrolling. In Earth, it is pretty and I find useful to have the association between username and color. Would it be possible to have a button to go to the fauna board like the in-game navigation has? If watching someone else's game the ^ button makes me see it but when I am in my own game, the ^ button takes me to the cards in my hand instead.

By curiosity, the features developed in this extension could later be transported to BGA, or is it in a different coding language/framework?

Thanks a lot for sharing your extension! :)
Thanks for your feedback !

I'll take a look at Earth, which shouldn't be too hard to add. But it's true that I managed the menu based on the mode while watching a game in progress, not while playing! I don't actually know this game :)
Can you invite me to a game so I can see what to do? Not to play, we'll have to cancel the game afterwards :p

Regarding adding the plugin's functionalities to the website ... In fact, everything is possible, the menu on the left could be added in the framework used to develop games, the floating menu on the right could be added as an option in the website, and the deactivation of status messages could be added as an option in our account preferences. But the code I've done can't be reused directly on the site, that's for sure.
Tof63

Post by Tof63 »

Thanks for your help, I've just published a new version. It just needs a little time to be approved.
I tried to make something generic, I think other games may need it later.
Please let me know ;)
Nastaa

Post by Nastaa »

Wow, you're so fast! Thank you, it works perfectly! :D

Here are pictures of this new button, I have tried with the language of my browser set to English (https://imgur.com/aH4Cy52)
or French (https://imgur.com/e366UvW).
Tof63

Post by Tof63 »

Thanks for the screenshots 😊
These are the two supported languages for the moment. If someone is interrested to add more I will need hellp 😅
Please tell me if you see another game that needs this button. It's just some settings to add it for a game, and actually it could be done in the options of the plugin by anybody, but it would be better if i add it for everyone 😊

And if you see other possible improvments, I'll be happy to try to add them.
Tof63

Post by Tof63 »

The last version published today manage 100 games for the left side menu.

I took the games in order of highest to lowest audience, and added the menu for each game where it might be interesting.
It was a hard work, and now I'm waiting for your feedback :p

And since last week you can now configure the features of the extension directly in the parameters of the current game :

---------------------------

La dernière version publiée aujourd'hui gère 100 jeux pour le menu de gauche.

J'ai pris les jeux dans l'ordre de l'audience la plus forte à la plus faible, et j'ai ajouté le menu pour chaque jeu pour lequel ça pouvait être intéressant.
C'était un travail assez long je dois dire, et maintenant j'attends vos retours :p

Et depuis la semaine dernière, vous pouvez maintenant configurer les fonctionnalités de l'extension directement dans les paramètres du jeu en cours :

Tof63

Post by Tof63 »

A new version is available, including the ability to hide games you no longer want to play. For more information: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... cfmignidoc

Une nouvelle version est disponible, avec entre autre la possibilité de cacher les jeux auxquels vous ne voulez plus rejouer. Plus d'informations ici : https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... cfmignidoc
Tof63

Post by Tof63 »

I got in touch with Flavien (anotherFlav) who made this chrome extension: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... imepllkacb
And ... we decided to merge our two extensions :)
Since his is the older one, and the one with the most users, it's his project that will survive and mine that will "die" (sob!).

In a few hours, version 1.7.1 of Flavien's extension will be available, with all the features of my extension.
What's going to happen?

1) You had Flavien's extension but not mine: that's perfect, now you also have the features I've developed :p
If you don't like certain features, you can disable them anyway ;)

2) You've got my extension, but not Flavien's: I'd advise you to install Flavien's, as mine will soon be out of date.

3) You have both extensions: As soon as version 1.7.1 of Flavien's extension is installed on your browser, a simple visit to any BGA page (including the forum) will automatically retrieve your preferences for my extension.
You can then uninstall my extension (sob again!) because it's now inactive.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me!

---------------------------------

Je me suis rapproché de Flavien (anotherFlav) qui a fait cette extension chrome : https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... imepllkacb
Et ... nous avons décidé de fusionner nos deux extensions :)
La sienne étant la plus ancienne, et celle qui a le plus d'utilisateurs, c'est son projet qui va survivre et le mien qui va "mourir" (snif !).

Dans quelques heures, la version 1.7.1 de l'extension de Flavien sera disponible, avec toutes les fonctionnalités de mon extension.
Que va t-il se passer ?

1) Vous aviez l'extension de Flavien mais pas la mienne : c'est parfait, maintenant avez aussi les fonctionnalités que j'ai développé :p
Si certaines fonctionnalités ne vous plaisent pas, vous pouvez de toute manière les désactiver ;)

2) Vous avez mon extension, mais pas celle de Flavien : Je vous conseille d'installer celle de Flavien, la mienne ne sera bientôt plus mise à jour.

3) Vous avez les deux extensions : Dès que la version 1.7.1 de l'extension de Flavien sera installée sur votre navigateur, une simple visite de n'importe quelle page de BGA (y compris le forum) déclenchera la récupération automatique de vos préférences sur mon extension.
Vous pouvez alors désinstaller mon extension (re snif !) car elle se sera de toute façon "désactivée" en constatant la présence de l'extension de Flavien.

A votre dispo si vous avez des questions !
Tof63

Post by Tof63 »

Return to “Discussions”