Stops Playing

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
Hairbeast

Stops Playing

Post by Hairbeast »

I ran into player today with a ELO of 409. When we got to 84% of game completion, he stopped playing an communicating. I thought maybe his connection was bad and I lost him so I sent the game to turn-based. I will surely win this game so I do not want to call time out on him and quit because I will get a lower ELO. After looking at his reputation score, I see he has a lot of penalties in Backgammon, but surely playing enough games to counteract the negative effects. It is disappointing to play with a poor sport, but I will continue to give him a chance to finish the game.
euklid314

Re: Stops Playing

Post by euklid314 »

After looking at the last 5 games that your opponents did not finish, I also cannot believe in a coincidence. He is always in a losing position (one time his opponent would have finished next move) - with one exception, when he seemed to have left while being on the bar a long time and did not wait for a lucky return shot that would have won him the game - if he had not left...

The only thing I do not know is his motivation. I believe he is just a choleric player that is overwhelmed with emotions when he has to face an unlucky series of rolls and leaves then. He finishes a lot of losing games, however - so its not systematic.

Since he does not gain anything (note that he loses 10 or 20 karma points AND full elo points AND an extra 10 elo points) I am not sure if his behavior will be moderated if you report him. He is hurting himself and his opponents.

Thus, you will have to end your game by kicking him (he wont play in turn based either and will run out of time there too) and accept that you will win only 40% of the elo points you deserve. Thus you will win approx. 4 elo points and he will lose 20 elo points...

Return to “Backgammon”