Need premium to play?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Diocletian_Cabbage

Need premium to play?

Post by Diocletian_Cabbage »

Hello,

I am very new to this website and am a bit confused. Do I need to have a premium account play memoir 44??

Super stoked to have found this place and I’ve always dreamed of playing m’44 online (no one will play with me in person lol).

Thanks!
John English

Re: Need premium to play?

Post by John English »

Hi

No, you don't, although Premium is better. It can take a long time to get a game without Premium as one of the players needs to be Premium.

JE
Diocletian_Cabbage

Post by Diocletian_Cabbage »

Ohhh ok. And how is the player base? Would it be worth paying for premium? Or I guess another way to phrase that is “can people with premium regularly find other people to play with? Only really interested In m’44 btw. Or any other command and color games that may be coming to the system
Waikirikiri

Post by Waikirikiri »

Diocletian_Cabbage wrote: 19 May 2023, 01:10 Ohhh ok. And how is the player base? Would it be worth paying for premium? Or I guess another way to phrase that is “can people with premium regularly find other people to play with? Only really interested In m’44 btw. Or any other command and color games that may be coming to the system
Time to find an opponent in the Arena varies, usually I can find one reasonably quickly.
My timezone (NZST UTC+12) is different from most players.
Jellby

Post by Jellby »

John English wrote: 18 May 2023, 21:26 one of the players needs to be Premium.
Really? The game page doesn't say so: https://boardgamearena.com/gamepanel?game=memoir
Compare, for example, with Wingspan, which is a premium game (and needs a premium player in the table).

I believe non-premium players can only choose one or two scenarios, though.
Tisaac

Post by Tisaac »

Jellby wrote: 19 May 2023, 08:08
John English wrote: 18 May 2023, 21:26 one of the players needs to be Premium.
Really? The game page doesn't say so: https://boardgamearena.com/gamepanel?game=memoir
Compare, for example, with Wingspan, which is a premium game (and needs a premium player in the table).

I believe non-premium players can only choose one or two scenarios, though.
Non premium players Can only create table with one of the first 10 official scenarios
John English

Post by John English »

I stand corrected!

Personally, if I was only going to play Memoir 44, I would go Premium.

JE
Greesy monkey

Post by Greesy monkey »

although Premium is better. It can take a long time to get a game without Premium as one of the players needs to be Premium.
If you are wanting to play real time, going Premium is no better. I've been premium and It takes just as long to get a game as it does freemium member...no joke.
John English

Post by John English »

I stand corrected again

JE

Return to “Memoir 44”