Luck level, this game doesn't have a lot of luck involved.

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
ACE-of-Time

Luck level, this game doesn't have a lot of luck involved.

Post by ACE-of-Time »

Here on the platform it is marking 3 in the game's luck level, but I disagree, this game is much less dependent on luck than it seems.
the game is simple to play but the strategic depth is enormous, the strategy is not just in the placement of pieces, it is in managing Luna's wheel and counting pieces. In Nova Luna each piece has a time cost, objective pieces with easier to complete higher costs, in addition each color set has a certain number of specific pieces, in which you can stay tuned in the moon wheel that brings several pieces open on the table and count game in domino style.

It's nice to note that Sagani, a reimplementation, has level 1 luck here on the platform.

Sorry if the translation is confusing, I used google translator.
cigma

Re: Luck level, this game doesn't have a lot of luck involved.

Post by cigma »

The parameters (luck, strategy, complexity and interaction) given for each game are sometimes not appropriate, as also discussed here: https://boardgamearena.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1040 It seems "3" is the default and in some cases the developer hasn't changed this.

Personally, I wouldn't call Sagani a reimplementation of Nova Luna. It looks similar on first glance, but surprisingly plays quite differently!
#zan_zendegi_azadi / #woman_life_freedom
#StandWithUkraine
Language is a source of misunderstanding. (Antoine de Saint-Exupery: The Little Prince) But it is also the source of understanding - it all depends on how you use it. :-)
ACE-of-Time

Re: Luck level, this game doesn't have a lot of luck involved.

Post by ACE-of-Time »

oh sorry, I think it was a translation error, it's just that both Nova Luna and Sagani are reimplementations of the Habitats game, made by the same authors.

Return to “Nova Luna”