Rule change suggestions

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
NaCl_duke

Rule change suggestions

Post by NaCl_duke »

Renaissance: How about weakening Renaissance by limiting how many track advances you get: Age 1: 1 step, Age 2: 2 steps, and so on. That lowers the impact during early game

Dictatorship: If someone plays Dictatorship and locks you out from your ONLY possible move although you still have resources, you are allowed to pass (and maybe pay a "fee" of one resource to be allowed to pass) and continue on your next turn. For the purpose of this rule "Income" is not a possible move.

Marriage of state: You have to spend one resource every time you copy the benefit the other player gets (or you have to give the original player the resource)

Age of discovery: if you do not want to be forced to go up because of Age of discovery: Spend resource(s) to be allowed to stay

Historians during game: Distribute only as many cubes as the Age you are in. After that use them as usual at the beginning of every income turn. That will limit their impact if received early in the game
BazzyG

Re: Rule change suggestions

Post by BazzyG »

I really like the game without Renaissance and Marriage of the State and the latest experimental rule set.

All of those cards and Historians are very powerful and can be frustrating. But I love the drama of them, as they add so much to the game that I wouldn't want them to change.

I would try it, but think these adjustments would only make other things higher tier and difficult to balance (such as industrialism, war time economy, dystopia and trade economy) and remove drama and excitement from the game.

My ruleset update request would be drafting of 6 tech and tapestry cards at the start (a bit like Terraforming Mars) to add an extra bit of strategy and try and even out some of the bad runs of luck people can have. But again this has pros and cons, and I am grateful for the game the way it is.

Return to “Tapestry”