LOSING TEAM!!!

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
The-Snob

LOSING TEAM!!!

Post by The-Snob »

I've noticed a lot of times a player will say they have an EMERGENCY and have to LEAVE when their team is LOSING.
Rarely does this happen when a team is WINNING.

In my opinion the decent thing to do in such a situation is to QUIT and not cause ANIMOSITY
by Proposing to Abandon the Game Collectively or Switching to Turn-Based.
Heart Crusher

Re: LOSING TEAM!!!

Post by Heart Crusher »

Interesting point. I was in a game where a player just left with 3 cards to play. We clearly were going to win, but her/his partner was going nill and she stops playing and it would have been fun to just complete it. I proposed to abandon. The others politely did as well. But I guess I should be kicking these people out rather than letting them off when they are losing and quitting for emergency or just because the are losing.

That does make sense because in this game * just the opposite. I didn't realize I was logged in the game. I must had been in the waiting room for it for 25 min, then next thing I know the game makes the sound and I'm on unexpectedly. I let them know I put in for the game 25 min ago and had to step away in 10 minutes. I politely asked if they understand in 10 min, i'd need to step out for 2 min. If not let's play quick or abandon or kick me out now. They chose to play on and it can be seen in the game log that I said brb 10 min later and wasn't gone much more than 2 min and the guy on there that will do anything just to get his name up there as arena champ quickly kicked out. I even chatted right at the 2 min mark saying seriously? smh

It's funny how most people go on to just escape and actually play a game, and then there's those that lost sight of playing the actual game and just in it for wins n elo as if elo is worth money. They should just play a 2 min. coin flipping game and not waste everyone's time.

*moderator edit: please remember that calling out a specific player or table is not appropriate in the Forums. The Forums should be for general discussion only.
The-Snob

Post by The-Snob »

In my opinion there should be no options.

When a player's clock runs out of time the game should end.
All7Pangaea

Post by All7Pangaea »

I see no reason why they can't have a 20 second clock option. It doesn't have to be mandatory for all games, but at least one of the options. It shouldn't take more than 2 seconds to play a card. If someone has bad internet or is multitasking they just don't choose that option.

Return to “Spades”