Carebear picky word usage here

Discussions about BGA (all languages)
Forum rules
Warning: challenging a moderation in Forum = 10 days ban
More info & details about how to challenge a moderation: viewtopic.php?p=119756
mistrustreplace

Carebear picky word usage here

Post by mistrustreplace »

Some player made choices that were clearly stupid. But we i think i have figured out yall dont like certain words, but as long as we use the definitions of those words we are fine lol.

So for example I cant say " you lost out of stupidity"
but i can say " you lost out of behavior that shows a lack of good sense or judgment"

all i did was google the word and replace and now its surely tolerable

anyways yall needa lighten up.
Jeronimon

Re: Carebear picky word usage here

Post by Jeronimon »

Thanks for the tip, but how is it constructive for you, the other player or the community to call the other player “silly or unwise”?

Wouldn’t it be nicer to ask if you could give them tips on their gameplay? (and if yes help them out).
That way you improve their gameplay and you have a better matched opponent in the future. In my experience it also opens more interesting dialogues and could even help me improve my game.

This all instead of being just plain “disdainful and overbearing”. ;)
GeraldineMerida

Post by GeraldineMerida »

Suggesting people are bad players by offering them tips can also get you red thumbed.

Maybe just privately red thumb the dire player and move on?
Nullzone

Post by Nullzone »

If you find yourself surprised by a moderation action, please go vote for this bug report: https://boardgamearena.com/bug?id=79935

BGA has clear guidelines, but they are not well socialized or advertised. They need to make this information clearly visible to all users.

Return to “Discussions”