Goodbye and Good Games!

Board Game Arena Official announcements
BeckSam

Re: Goodbye and Good Games!

Post by BeckSam »

Bless you. Being single and retired, you made my solo isolation during COVID bearable and even enjoyable. Now it is a part of most of my days.
123marcel

Post by 123marcel »

GL HF!
Lu-antivirus

Post by Lu-antivirus »

Congrats on the new project. Hope this keeps going as great as it is today. I would love to hear about the history of how BGA came to life.
Le DJ

Post by Le DJ »

thank you for creating this wonderful site! It helped me stay connected during COVID and continues to bring enjoyment. best of luck with your future endeavors!
Marcus Aurelius

Post by Marcus Aurelius »

Je sais bien qu'on ne parle "que" du secteur ludique ici, mais ton travail nous a apporté énormément de joie, en solo, avec des amis ou encore avec de parfaits inconnus. Le COVID fut moins long grâce à toi. Je te souhaite le meilleur pour la suite. Merci du fond du cœur.
Galenithron

Post by Galenithron »

Just so you know...

One is never quite aware of the reach of one's actions and words. That's transcendence.

I am a Montessori teacher in a small town in Mexico. I've always loved all kinds of games and how they "tickle my brain" as they say... but board games was not that big of a deal to me except for the old classics I knew. I found out about modern/designer board games some years ago, but only knew a few: Carcassonne, Spot It/Dobble, Pick-a-Dog and Werewolves MH, so they were an interesting nice little quirk, nothing more. The one I can say really blew my mind was Carc. I just thought: "How could someone come up with the idea of making a game out of joining square pieces like a puzzle?" I mean, they didn't have the grooves to fit together like in a regular puzzle, so that was a window open to all possibilities, and that was brilliant! And the same kind of thought came to me with the others to some extent, but not enought for me to dive or even consider the possibility that more games like those existed. It was in the pandemic and through my students' interests in online gaming (that one particular super popular deduction videogame that works pretty much like Werewolves) that I remembered there were 'other' games, and then, in the drive of getting my students interested in recreative and stimulating digital activities that offered them more than videogames, I dove, like, really dove in the research for more board games... And so it was that while trying to show them Carcassone and Werewolves, I found BGA and became a true gamer. Now I try as much as I can to share this world with everyone, I just want them to enjoy and be as fascinated as I've been since I really got into this.

To this day I've established a couple of gaming groups with students (former and current) and have a collection of about 250 games and growing (running out of space, tho :lol:) and I'm deeply in love with this hobby AND with that one page that just popped up one day in my research. The page that allowed me to share this big discovery with them and others now. The page that teaches me games by just playing them. The page that introduced me to so many games, even when they don't show up in other gamers' lists and tops :D
The page/platform/service that YOU started. The "crazy idea" as you say, that became the work of your past years...

And all I can say is: Thank You! And Good Gaming! Gracias por habernos... haberme... aportado tanto. This is significance.
Farewell, sir. Or in elvish: Namárië!

~Galenithron
Zef Luke

Post by Zef Luke »

Big Thank you for setting this up so well. And thanks for taking care over its continuation. Appreciated. Zef
TGe812

Post by TGe812 »

感谢你们做的一切。BGA是个很好的网站
Thank you for everything. BGA is a great website
Cogoletto

Post by Cogoletto »

BGA helped me maintain friendships through the pandemic and beyond. Thank you for providing this forum of fun!
A_S_K

Post by A_S_K »

Thank You for beeing my mentor.

Return to “Official announcements [en]”