A few things that really need fixing

Suggestions & ideas / Suggestions & idées
Cypc

A few things that really need fixing

Post by Cypc »

Alright BGA, I've been having some fun playing here in the past few weeks, and since you are trying to lure me in with a free month of premium membership, I'll bite. But if you really want to convince me (and hopefully many other players) to take out the credit card, you first need to fix a few small and yet really stupid things on the site. Here we go:
  • Put on a timer to accept a game (20 or 30 seconds or whatever). Getting stuck with someone not accepting is just a *.
  • When someone does not accept a game, don't kick me out of the queue. Put me back at the table with the other players or in the "play now" queue depending on where I came from. I should not have to do anything if I'm not the one who refused the game.
  • Put on some penalty for people refusing lots of games. A few days ago someone refused a game more than 20 time in row, making it impossible to play, wasting everyone's time.
  • Fix your matchmaking! If there's a 4 seat table waiting for one more player, and a 2 seat table waiting for one more player, the 2 seat table gets filled first every single time, this is mind-blowingly stupid! (2 playing and 3 waiting instead of 4 playing and 1 waiting ...) This makes really difficult to get a large table going on games that are way better with more players. The very minimum fix is to fill oldest tables first (and then probably rewrite the whole matchmaking code, but that's an other story)
Until then, finding a table on games that don't have a lot of players (like Nidavellir and Oriflamme) is way too much of a chore, sadly.

Hope you fix all that (and more), the games (once they started) are fun :)

*moderator edit: please remember to use family-friendly vocabulary on BGA
Ceaseless

Re: A few things that really need fixing

Post by Ceaseless »

Cypc wrote: 09 June 2023, 14:09
  • Put on a timer to accept a game (20 or 30 seconds or whatever). Getting stuck with someone not accepting is just a *.
  • When someone does not accept a game, don't kick me out of the queue. Put me back at the table with the other players or in the "play now" queue depending on where I came from. I should not have to do anything if I'm not the one who refused the game.
  • Put on some penalty for people refusing lots of games. A few days ago someone refused a game more than 20 time in row, making it impossible to play, wasting everyone's time.
Seems reasonable
Cypc wrote: 09 June 2023, 14:09
  • Fix your matchmaking! If there's a 4 seat table waiting for one more player, and a 2 seat table waiting for one more player, the 2 seat table gets filled first every single time, this is mind-blowingly stupid! (2 playing and 3 waiting instead of 4 playing and 1 waiting ...) This makes really difficult to get a large table going on games that are way better with more players. The very minimum fix is to fill oldest tables first (and then probably rewrite the whole matchmaking code, but that's an other story)
How do you know that the player joining was open to a 4 player table? I personally remove all the options except the 2 player option in most of the games I play, I would not be surprised if many others did the same. I have no idea what BGA's filter is, but I wouldn't be surprised if the player entering was just looking for a 2 player game.

Return to “Suggestions”