Re-design of GhostTown event

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
AVTactics

Re-design of GhostTown event

Post by AVTactics »

From my perspective the problem of Ghost Town event from the expansion is waiting. You can be killed on 2nd round, the event will be almost at the end of event deck, and you wait all this time but then the game ended and you didnt even play. As a result you spend a lot of time just for waiting so its a waste of players time.

How to fix this?

Instead of being active event I would recommend to re-design it to become passive event. Once you are killed you will come back as a ghost X rounds later. This X should not be too much, I think X=2 is enough. So as an example of how it will work: I was killed on 2nd round so I will be a ghost on 4th round.
kuzestanx

Re: Re-design of GhostTown event

Post by kuzestanx »

I think the true problem of Ghost Town event from the HN expansion is futility. You can simply compare it to another "revive" event from A Fistful of Cards expansion — "deadman". AFoC's event creates one player, which will be alive and will effect the game, this event also solves the problem "I'm crying, I got killed and I couldn't even make a move". HN's event create few players, which will not effect the game. The dead renegade sees no reason in ghost town — he will not win with one turn. Usually, all the rest of the roles can do is play one bang at someone.

As I understand it, devs are not happy to implement home rules here. Honestly, I think it is not the best proposition. Ghost town is already fixed — we can turn off it and have a nice game with HN expansion.
KuWizard

Re: Re-design of GhostTown event

Post by KuWizard »

Thanks, kuzestanx!
And yes, home rules could not be implemented on BGA as this is an official implementation of Bang!. Moreover, when we were discussing that with the publisher - they were pretty strict about having Ghost Town as is. Having an option to remove it from the expansion is already a step away from the rules.

Return to “Bang”