In a tournament: clock when trading?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Matt in the Hat

In a tournament: clock when trading?

Post by Matt in the Hat »

If I propose a trade during a tournament game, whose clock runs?
Mathew5000

Re: In a tournament: clock when trading?

Post by Mathew5000 »

It's the same whether it's a tournament or non-tournament game. By default, when you propose a trade, your clock stops and the clocks of all your opponents begin to run; each opponent's clock stops when that opponent responds to your trade. When all opponents have responded, then your clock begins to run again. Two exceptions:

-if an opponent has no resources at all, that opponent's clock will not run when you propose a trade

-players can click on "Configure trade alerts" to choose not to be notified about any trades, or to be notified about some trades but not others (e.g. "notify me only when someone offers wheat"). When you are not notified of a trade, your clock does not run.

In general you can see which players' clocks are running at any moment because there is an hourglass beside their name on the scoreboard.
JackHH

Post by JackHH »

I love Catan, and BGA has done a great job implementing it.

However my biggest peeve is with the clock, and how an accumulation of opponent trade offers runs down the clock, with the only suggested solution being to turn off trade alerts. I want to consider every trade thank you very much. Why should my clock be penalised so heavily for this?

Another thing that I just noticed is that your clock still runs down after you have completed the action, but the game is just playing out the animations! I just had a game where I pressed the button to confirm my final turn on 00:01, but I still ended up with a red clock next to my name at the end of the game :cry:
Sjarmtrollet

Post by Sjarmtrollet »

JackHH wrote: 30 September 2023, 18:52 Why should my clock be penalised so heavily for this?
Why should the active player's clock be penalized? They're waiting on you.

Return to “Catan”