Starting from custom positions?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Ceaseless

Starting from custom positions?

Post by Ceaseless »

It would be nice to be able to start from a custom position. Friends could try out positions from games they wanted to see if played a little differently, or could see how things go from an opening X moves in. Players can test out ideas in given positions, etc.
LargoLaGrande

Re: Starting from custom positions?

Post by LargoLaGrande »

Nice idea!
LIs1759

Post by LIs1759 »

That would be highly fruitful.
abdklmw

Post by abdklmw »

What do you mean a "custom position"? There are 36 possible positions and you can start from any of them any time you play.
Honorarius

Post by Honorarius »

They mean with pieces already on the board. Similar to a chess game starting at a certain opening.
abdklmw

Post by abdklmw »

Honorarius wrote: 13 July 2023, 20:42 They mean with pieces already on the board. Similar to a chess game starting at a certain opening.
I see... Just play a no time limit game. It might be nice if you could just blast the game board without starting a new game completely but it seems simple enough to me.
Ceaseless

Post by Ceaseless »

abdklmw wrote: 22 July 2023, 20:50
Honorarius wrote: 13 July 2023, 20:42 They mean with pieces already on the board. Similar to a chess game starting at a certain opening.
I see... Just play a no time limit game. It might be nice if you could just blast the game board without starting a new game completely but it seems simple enough to me.
Playing a no time limit game does not create a custom position. I want to establish a board state without needing both players to manually set up the pieces, manipulate the cat/kitten counts, etc. through making a ton of moves just to set up the board in the first place.
nccc

Post by nccc »

Return to “boop.”