LETTER SHUFFLE AND DICTIONARY

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Dio_Raven

LETTER SHUFFLE AND DICTIONARY

Post by Dio_Raven »

I am really enjoying this game. It would be great if I could shuffle the letters around to play around with ideas especially off turn, currently the only way to try out words or see the letters in a different order is by waiting for my turn then putting them in the box above.
Access to a search function to the dictionary it uses would also be great, a few times i have purchased letters intending to use them only to find the word (which is a real word, spelt correctly) was not accepted.
daveted

Re: LETTER SHUFFLE AND DICTIONARY

Post by daveted »

I agree with the dictionary. it's annoying and crippling to a strategic move.
I just had Lapst rejected, so had to use laps instead. It's a good game, but, that's the last game I'll be playing. The BGA dictionary is crippled
Zwack_42

Post by Zwack_42 »

What is Lapst supposed to mean, anyway?

And regarding the dictionary, does it contain english words only, or are other languages implemented, as well?
rafiki_33

Post by rafiki_33 »

The dictionary is “American Scrabble” so I would think you could just open another tab and find a search tool to determine if your word is legal or not. That said it seems a little anti-competitive to search for words in a word game. Should be using your brain and acquired knowledge.
Zwack_42

Post by Zwack_42 »

rafiki_33 wrote: 27 August 2023, 16:09 The dictionary is “American Scrabble” so I would think you could just open another tab and find a search tool to determine if your word is legal or not. That said it seems a little anti-competitive to search for words in a word game. Should be using your brain and acquired knowledge.
True, but it also means anybody who's not a native speaker is at a significant disadvantage. Of course, that's alsmost impossible to avoid with that kind of game...
ufm

Post by ufm »

Zwack_42 wrote: 27 August 2023, 17:35
rafiki_33 wrote: 27 August 2023, 16:09 The dictionary is “American Scrabble” so I would think you could just open another tab and find a search tool to determine if your word is legal or not. That said it seems a little anti-competitive to search for words in a word game. Should be using your brain and acquired knowledge.
True, but it also means anybody who's not a native speaker is at a significant disadvantage. Of course, that's alsmost impossible to avoid with that kind of game...
You shouldn't play word games if you don't know the language used in the game...

Return to “BuyWord”