Picking our own cards...

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
JS32

Picking our own cards...

Post by JS32 »

I think picking our own cards would be a wonderful option. I feel the Tiger Card breaks the game a bit so I do not play with it when playing in person. That leaves 15 cards. I deal five to each player. We each pick the two we want from our five options. From the last five I choose a random card to be the fifth card and to decide who goes first. This creates an interesting and dynamic game. Something to think about...
CiegoHaze

Re: Picking our own cards...

Post by CiegoHaze »

I also think this is a good idea. I'm still a fairly new player but when my housemate and I were learning by playing each other several times a day, we also had the same idea to curate our games. Sometimes we would just select our own cards from the deck, or sometimes we might choose an interesting combination of cards, like all power cards or no cards that move directly forward, or all of the cards that look like a dick like Eel, mantis, cobra and crane (although almost all the cards look somewhat phallic) if you are immature enough .
Tiger is incredibly strong, but the disadvantage of that card is that a player might hold on to it for a long time and then limit themselves to just one card to play with, which an opponent can exploit if they are thinking ahead.
But I really like your idea of dealing and choosing.

Have you ever played a game using all of the cards in the deck, so that when a player discards they choose one of the remaining Deck cards? That could be a whole different kind of game.

Return to “Onitama”