how to choose evacuation condition?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
antimyth

how to choose evacuation condition?

Post by antimyth »

evacuation condition AND Player board has their own side, so need a new option.
MasterMystery

Re: how to choose evacuation condition?

Post by MasterMystery »

those exist, selection of path "automatic" or "manuell" (translated from german now)
antimyth

Post by antimyth »

no no no, we have 4 path, each path has two leaders, two player board side and two evacuation conditions.

now we can decide player board side in menu, and choose path and leaders in game, but the evacuation conditions is random, where the problem is.
MasterMystery

Post by MasterMystery »

no, the path choice is your evacuation as far as i know, but need to try to varify. If I understand it right there is no choice to choose your "faction" which is also called path in the rulebook. did you try to set that of manual and see what you are choosing?

anyway evacuation is random as per rulebook "Place the Path board belonging to their chosen Path in front of each player, with a randomly chosen side up. Each side has a different Evacuation condition printed on it, which is scored when the player takes the Evacuation Action"
poptasticboy

Post by poptasticboy »

The rules say that the path board is assigned with a random side up, so you are not meant to be able to choose.

Having said that, I would certainly support an optional variant setting to allow this to be chosen.
Cyphen

Post by Cyphen »

poptasticboy is correct. According to the rules of the game, you are not allowed to choose your Evacuation Condition after choosing a Path. Although, once you see it, you are allowed to choose your Leader once you know what your Evac Condition is going to be.

I imagine it's a common enough houserule for people who play the game at home (although I've never manually selected Evac Conditions, myself). Still, my preference would be for official variants (such as the Tougher Two Player Variant) to get in, first.

Return to “Anachrony”