Declining to start the game?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
LadyXochi

Declining to start the game?

Post by LadyXochi »

Hi, I've played several games on BGA with friends. Today I tried with random strangers (letting BGA automatically pick oponents). I played Chakra with 1 person. No problem. Then I triend Take 5 (6 nimmt). But every time in the screen where people need to accept, there is one person that keeps declining and so the game doesn't start. I think I tried over 10 times now. Haven't been able to start a game. What's going on? Why does this happen? Are they doing this on purpose? What can I do? I just want to play a friendly game... :(
sgraney

Re: Declining to start the game?

Post by sgraney »

I'm not sure if this is what was happening for you but I find that if one person isn't ready to start the game, one of the other people that is ready declines to start the game because they don't want to wait around.

I find this happens occasionally but certainly not ten times in a row. I think that is a little unusual.
dodell

Post by dodell »

Have you noticed if anyone in the lobby has bad karma?

After people going AWOL several times in the late stages of the game, I now won't play with people with bad or very bad karma. I'd rather waste 3 minutes finding a good match than 15 in a game where someone goes missing.
missilentmurmur

Post by missilentmurmur »

Hi!
In my experience it's about the game mode. Some players refuse to play normal rules (on the right) and others refuse to play expert mode (left and right). You can set up your game preferences, but you can still be assigned to a table that doesn't fit. I admit I do refuse when it's a normal game.

Return to “6 nimmt!”