Burn The Witch

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
blakebop

Burn The Witch

Post by blakebop »

I like the costume cards in general and am neutral to them being part of arena. But I hate the witch. It ruins certain strategies. It's glitchy. And it makes the game longer. Burn it, delete it.
blakebop

Re: Burn The Witch

Post by blakebop »

Please also vote for this bug: https://boardgamearena.com/bug?id=53082

Witch makes Clown useless against the intent of the game. Please fix it, my ELO will take the hit, but my soul would appreciate the change.
Choralone

Post by Choralone »

I've never noticed it being glitchy. How has it glitched for you? But I understand it ruins strategies; but ruining strategies is part of the game, ie, trying to win and make your opponents lose.Unless there's something else I'm missing.
Choralone

Post by Choralone »

Also, QOTSA fan?
blakebop

Post by blakebop »

Choralone wrote: 12 July 2023, 01:33 I've never noticed it being glitchy. How has it glitched for you? But I understand it ruins strategies; but ruining strategies is part of the game, ie, trying to win and make your opponents lose.Unless there's something else I'm missing.
I agree about the ruining strategies aspect! But, Witch activates before dice are set and I feel like it should activate after, when she is about to be impacted by the roll. Does that make sense? As it stands now, it makes Clown useless and it should make Clown weak but not useless.

(and not a QOTSA fan, unfort!)
ZenVee

Post by ZenVee »

Witch is one of the better costume cards, but not the best.

It does deter people from rolling hits though, and that already happens enough in the current arena format with everyone just rolling numbers usually 3s and not fighting to be the king of tokyo. It gets old so fast. Plenty of games it's a mistake to buy any cards except cards that provide stars. Not exactly doing any favors for the game's longevity.

Probably all the costume cards need rebalancing. Could be done by starting every player with 5 energy and then making it mandatory to buy a costume card. so princess will still start with 0 energy, and weak cards like clown will start with more.

More to your point though I think witch should be retooled somehow, as with a couple other cards that encourage the same plays, and cowardly play every game.
Trebekistan

Post by Trebekistan »

ZenVee wrote: 20 July 2023, 17:36 Witch is one of the better costume cards, but not the best.

It does deter people from rolling hits though, and that already happens enough in the current arena format with everyone just rolling numbers usually 3s and not fighting to be the king of tokyo. It gets old so fast. Plenty of games it's a mistake to buy any cards except cards that provide stars. Not exactly doing any favors for the game's longevity.

Probably all the costume cards need rebalancing. Could be done by starting every player with 5 energy and then making it mandatory to buy a costume card. so princess will still start with 0 energy, and weak cards like clown will start with more.

More to your point though I think witch should be retooled somehow, as with a couple other cards that encourage the same plays, and cowardly play every game.
I really like that idea of everyone starting with 5 energy then being forced to buy a costume card. I feel like that would definitely help balance things out.

Return to “King of Tokyo”