Nice game - does it need to play this slooow?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs

Nice game - does it need to play this slooow?

Post by 703145 »

Thanks for implementing this intriguing game. Is there a reason for it to require as many mini-actions as it does? Especially painful in turn-based. Compared to similar games like Wingspan and Race for the Galaxy, it asks me for decision prompts on stuff I'm not able to see why it can't be baked into my regular action. Sometimes even stopping to ask for a decision that didn't happen (have any tangible impact). I guess I'm missing something important as I'm a newbie on it, but if possible I'd be super happy if a "fast version" that is completely in parallel existed. I haven't been able to convince my regular BGA-group to continue play it, due to the slow pace.
randusnuder

Re: Nice game - does it need to play this slooow?

Post by randusnuder »

Agreed. Would be nice to have an "autocomplete" fast action mode.

For example, when you have the option to gain 1 soil, or skip the action, I would like it to auto-accept the action.

Not every action requires heavy decision making by the human.
Squachmo7

Post by Squachmo7 »

No, this isn't your grandma's Halo
mikeneuf

Post by mikeneuf »

I tried to request this from the programmer, they said it would be too difficult to implement, unfortunately. Would greatly enhance the game experience to auto-complete obvious choices like they have in other games here on BGA.

Return to “Earth”