Punctuation...??? !!! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
blhootz

Punctuation...??? !!! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post by blhootz »

Hi there! Happy to see this game on BGA. It takes a while to understand the implementation, and some things could be smoother, but I'm starting to get the hang of it. That said, there's one thing sorely missing and much needed... PUNCTUATION!!!

At the VERY LEAST, we need to be able to use the apostrophe, so we can write things like "I'll Be Back", "Joe's Garage", "Sophie's Choice", etc.

A hyphen would be useful, too, for words & phrases that use 'em. ("2000-2008") Heck, do NUMERALS work in the clues? They absolutely should!!!

But I can also totally picture utilizing periods (.), question marks (?), and exclamation points (!), along with quotation marks ("), ampersands (&), currency symbols ($€£¥), as well as a bunch of other stuff, really.

The official clues for Decrypto state, "You can choose the form your clues take, whether that’s a single word or complete sentence. If your team wants, you can even hum, dance, or mime it!" I know it won't be easy to include a way for us to hum, dance, or mime a clue here on BGA, but allowing numerals, punctuation, and symbols would definitely help to broaden the range of creative clue-giving! (Longer character fields for the clues would be nice, too, but I'll be happy with this for a start.)

Thank you for considering. I hope this is something that can be easily implemented!
Guudys

Re: Punctuation...??? !!! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post by Guudys »

Punctuation, apostrophes and numbers are accepted?

blhootz

Post by blhootz »

Whoa! I wonder why I can't get them to work for me. (At least the apostrophes. I don't think I've tried any of the other characters yet.)
Guudys

Post by Guudys »

The only thing that didn't work for me was when I played in French, the accents weren't allowed which is a problem tbh as the meaning can be totally different with or without accent.
Jules_Smile

Post by Jules_Smile »

Guudys wrote: 06 July 2023, 04:01 Punctuation, apostrophes and numbers are accepted?

Who needs those things if you have such fun interactions as you!! Haha your screenshot made me so happy, and I wa genuinely occupied for 5 min, to guess what the words were.

If that’s your standard, I will greatly accasio meself in one of your games.
Hbug80

Post by Hbug80 »

I have no clue what any of that stuff means, haha

Return to “Decrypto”