Looking for a ruling...

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
detlefchef11

Looking for a ruling...

Post by detlefchef11 »

I have never found anything in the rules that specifies whether this is true or not, so at my house, we just decided to allow it. However, it doesn't seem to be the case here.

If the season bonus is, for instance, get a water if you gain a tree, would it not seem logical that, it you spend a water in a canteen to get a tree, you get a water back? I mean, you did gain a tree. Kind of a cool hack if it's allowed. However, I just landed on the tree spot, got my tree, and my free water, spent the water in a canteen for another tree, and didn't get a water back.

What is the prevailing thought on this?
Kayvon

Re: Looking for a ruling...

Post by Kayvon »

detlefchef11 wrote: 11 July 2023, 23:03spent the water in a canteen for another tree
Prevailing thought doesn't matter for the rules. You cannot use the season bonus twice on a turn, so you can never earn another tree from it.
detlefchef11

Post by detlefchef11 »

Again, does it say that in the rules? I've looked and can't find that rule anywhere. And, logically, my theory checks out. You gained a tree, which means you get a free water, which you use to gain another tree. So why wouldn't you get another free water?
Kayvon

Post by Kayvon »

Again, it does say that in the rules. Be sure to also read the FAQ on page 7.

You cannot use the season bonus twice on a turn.

Return to “PARKS”