DOBBLE & TIMELINE, but Connect & Twist!

Board Game Arena Official announcements
DrClick

DOBBLE & TIMELINE, but Connect & Twist!

Post by DrClick »

Today we bring you some new games from some of the most well-loved game franchises, and they are coming with a twist: all new versions of famous concepts, with brand-new rules and other surprises! Team-play, coop, or competitive, there are enough modes to satisfy your game-time-preferences!

So i is time to du-du-du-duel!

On the left, Dobble Connect:
Find the common symbol between your cards and align 4 of them to win, be sure to block your opponents from doing so before you!
Dobble Connect is played in teams of two. Be quick and be the first to create a straight line of 4 hexagons in your color, and win the round!
Click this link to connect to this new version of Dobble:
https://boardgamearena.com/gamepanel?game=dobbleconnect

On the right, Timeline Twist:
Draw 35 cards for each game, then think, communicate, and coordinate to place them in the right order, while discarding the most awkward ones. Try to achieve the highest possible score in each new game.
The team's objective in Timeline Twist is to get rid of all the cards in the players' hands, either by placing as many events as possible in the right order on the timeline, or by eliminating them judiciously.
Click below to time-travel in a twist:
https://boardgamearena.com/gamepanel?game=timelinetwist

We cannot thank the game designer Denis Blanchot more for allowing us to have Dobble Connect on our platform, as well as Frédéric Henry and Corey Konieczka for allowing us to host Timeline Twist on BGA.
Both games are published by Zygomatic, part of Asmodee, and it is a pleasure to have such fun titles on our platform.

Nothing could be possible without developers, and it's all thanks to LeSteffen for Timeline Twist and Moof for Dobble Connect. These guys rule and you can enjoy the efforts they made to made them playable on most (if not all) devices.

Which one gets your favor?
Which one would you play first?
Which one you prefer?

It's time to rumble!
Let us know about your feelings in the comments,
And until next week...
Take care and play fair!
Stuff by Bez

Re: DOBBLE & TIMELINE, but Connect & Twist!

Post by Stuff by Bez »

I'm honestly disappointed.

The 'article with rules' for Dobble Connect didn't have any rulebook I could find.

I was able to work out most of the rules through playing, but I'm still unclear on some details. And my opponent clearly had a horrible time.

I don't think any game should be in beta, let alone 'released' on BGA without the rules being available. :-(
OutOfHabit

Post by OutOfHabit »

I agree with the assessment that it should have rules.
And to pass from alpha to beta, you are supposed to cerity that “everything is perfect”. Two of the things on the list you are supposed to check are:
☐ The information about the game on the game page is correct and complete;
☐ The game page has a link to the rules in English;

But clearly they don’t really care or double check :(
Stuff by Bez

Post by Stuff by Bez »

I think the quantity of games on BGA is amazing. And I want to commend/congratulate everyone who helps make these games.

But I think that there are enough games for now - there should be a minimum standard.

Releasing a new game without rules is like leaving "Remember When..." as a published game when it took me 7 attempts to finish a game without it crashing. It just leaves a bad taste in the mouth and makes it all feel sloppy.

The sad thing is that this actually seems like a fun game and I enjoyed getting to see/try it.

I would hesitate to say they "don't care" but it seems that the resources are stretched a bit thin and some things don't get noticed.
joezg

Post by joezg »

Rules are now there for both games.

We are sorry for missing this out.
SimplicatusGames

Post by SimplicatusGames »

joezg wrote: 12 July 2023, 17:43 Rules are now there for both games.

Thank you for fixing this so fast.
Our games make you think! https://Simplicatus.Games is an independent publisher and distributor of indie tabletop games.
Game Slayer99

Post by Game Slayer99 »

I enjoy Timeline a lot. It's fun to learn about history. However, I don't think this is a good game to feature online since it's so easy to cheat with Google.
Stuff by Bez

Post by Stuff by Bez »

Game Slayer99 wrote: 13 July 2023, 07:14 I enjoy Timeline a lot. It's fun to learn about history. However, I don't think this is a good game to feature online since it's so easy to cheat with Google.
I think it's fine to play with friends.

Arena wouldn't make any sense, but luckily "Competitive modes and rankings have been disabled for this game"
Stuff by Bez

Post by Stuff by Bez »

joezg wrote: 12 July 2023, 17:43 Rules are now there for both games.

Thank you!

Actually, reading the rules of Dobble Twist, there are some emergent properties that I hadn't realised when playing the game!

A bit less of a catchup mechanism than I originally thought, since once you get rid of a card it stays out your deck. So it gives other folk a round or two to catch up, but a more skilled player will still clearly win.

Seems like a fun game! :-)
El Zoof

Post by El Zoof »

...why is Ned Flanders leading an army of Cossacks?

Return to “Official announcements [en]”