Soy Sauce

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Spudster

Soy Sauce

Post by Spudster »

Soy Sauce is a bad add in my book. I am done playing arena because of soy sauce.
yaya17

Re: Soy Sauce

Post by yaya17 »

why ?
JohnnyCyclops

Post by JohnnyCyclops »

Do chopsticks held in the final hand count as an extra colour 'variant' for Soy Sauce purposes?
boardgamelife

Post by boardgamelife »

It counts
JohnnyCyclops

Post by JohnnyCyclops »

boardgamelife wrote: 01 August 2023, 18:32 It counts
Thank you
zellaaa

Post by zellaaa »

Same. I don't like playing with soy sauce too.
zellaaa
ZenVee

Post by ZenVee »

Can you explain your reasoning?
Fugazi Gamer

Post by Fugazi Gamer »

What are the soy sauce rules? Often I have same number of colours as opponent and they get 4 points, sometimes a tie doesn’t give points??? Inconsistent and bugged out

Just lost another game incorrectly after opponent got 4 points when number of colours are equal
dino_2000_22

Post by dino_2000_22 »

I 100 percent agree. It is not the ADDITION of the Soy Sauce I do not like, it is the fact that the rule is not thoroughly or properly explained .

It states that you need to have the most colours out of all the players at the end of the had and you will get 4 points. Yet there has been many rounds where I have 5 colours and my opponent has 4 including the sauce and they still get those 4 points. So this means one of two things.

1. There is a bug in the system and just awards the 4 points if you are the ONLY one with a Soy Sauce

2. The rule should state "The player with the most colours who HAS a Soy Sauce gets 4 points. If you are the only one with a Soy Sauce you get 4 points regardless."
Remkar

Post by Remkar »

dino_2000_22 wrote: 01 February 2024, 20:23 I 100 percent agree. It is not the ADDITION of the Soy Sauce I do not like, it is the fact that the rule is not thoroughly or properly explained .

It states that you need to have the most colours out of all the players at the end of the had and you will get 4 points. Yet there has been many rounds where I have 5 colours and my opponent has 4 including the sauce and they still get those 4 points. So this means one of two things.

1. There is a bug in the system and just awards the 4 points if you are the ONLY one with a Soy Sauce

2. The rule should state "The player with the most colours who HAS a Soy Sauce gets 4 points. If you are the only one with a Soy Sauce you get 4 points regardless."
From the rules:

"SOY SAUCE
Soy sauce makes every dish taste better. It’s the perfect addition
to a varied meal.
At the end of a round in which soy sauce is played, all players
compare how many different colored backgrounds they have among
the cards they have played. If a player has the most (or tied for the
most) different colors and has also played a soy sauce card, it is
worth 4 points. You may score multiple soy sauce cards in a round.
A soy sauce card itself is considered when determining the most
different colors. Only dessert cards played in the current round are
counted."

So, if it is awarding someone with a soy sauce who does not have the most colors, file (or up vote) a bug report with the table# linked.

Do you have links to games where this has happened so it can be checked?

Return to “Sushi Go!”