deathtrap ?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Ditto11

deathtrap ?

Post by Ditto11 »

Would like honest opinions ..

Table #397111621

I feel this one turned out to be completely unwinnable due to the layout ... but what you have done/tried differently? (Don't look at final layout first .. just go into the replay and follow through .. ;) )
Romain672

Re: deathtrap ?

Post by Romain672 »

Firstly you moved up with a single action remaining, that's really risky, you got lucky to not lose one or two stealth immediately.

You can totally move up, peek twice and move down, especially with the current state of the game where it would be better for you to stay in floor1 and play safe (doesn't mean it's best, swapping positions with your teammate is annoying, but it's a strong option).
And repeat that next turn for the third tile.

So around turn #50, everything you do is weird, you are in a tricky spot, Fany isn't in a great spot but is fine (and is totally fine if you allow wasting moves), but yet you use two actions for her.
In the worst case you can sacrifice one stealth of Fany.

Turn 60 you run into a guard. Just pass your turn and draw an event, it's really unlikely (impossible?) to lose two stealth with an event. So you have nothing to lose to draw one.

At turn 80, you start to have a good look at the floor. You are playing in my opinion the best character, but an high skilled one. With it, you can setup the movement of the guard to be able to break through somehow, but it need thinking.
What I would plan is the following:
- you want the guard in D4, you in E5 (with an arlam in D5)
- you create alarms in D5/E5/E3/E2. That way the guard path will be D4>D5>D4>E4>E3>E2>E3>E4>E5>E4>E3>E2>D2>D1. With 4 moves and 3 alarms that make him end in E4, going to E5.
Problem is it require a safe place in D2, which isn't great.
You can't do it this turn so just play safe, draw an event if you don't play with wasting moves. You want the guard to be between 6/7/8/10+ tiles away. Unfortunately he is exactly 9 tiles away :(
Your choice look good too. Mine has the advantage to be in front of the guard, so let you run and lose one stealth if he passes you. While being behind the guard make you move slowly, and sometimes be forced to run all the way back.

Others options are looking for laboratory/hacking/stairs/doing safe in floor 1, or use crowbar in that fingerprint in E2.

Turn #188 you did exactly what I explained more up, one tile away (which in reality look better because you know where the guard is going next).
Turn #209 i would run into C2, not peek. Then when you know you will lose a stealth, you needed to create an alarm in D1 or C1, and hope the next patrol card save you.

Yeah this game is complicated :)
Ditto11

Re: deathtrap ?

Post by Ditto11 »

I finally managed to arrange the guard so I could get out ..but then run into 2x keypads, a deadbolt and a foyer preventing me from ducking into that deadend . :( I don't see any good way out of it at that point.

Yes, my attempt to help Fany early backfired on me, but the real deathtrap is that 2nd floor .. like .. dang .. :(

Return to “Burgle Bros.”