Alhambra denies me legal moves when placing stored building!!

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
MarkTJaipur

Alhambra denies me legal moves when placing stored building!!

Post by MarkTJaipur »

This is very frustrating & hurts my game. So I played this f2f & then later online, but when I play here & have to put a building "aside" in storage, as it won't fit on the map, the Alhambra rules say I can place it and get one additional play-- however, on BGA I am 100% denied this possibility. I know "you have to put it in play" before the other step occurs. However, if I click on it and it says I can take money, once I take the money it refuses me placement!! I tried placing it, Then picking the money, but as soon as I do, it says "This is not a legal move" (it is when you play face to face!) Why does the BGA version limit my move(s) in violation of the actual rules, & even what is offered during play? Please help, advice is appreciated!! Thank you.
cigma

Re: Alhambra denies me legal moves when placing stored building!!

Post by cigma »

According to the rules, "the player whose turn it is must perform ONE of the three following actions:
- Take money
- Buy a building tile (and place it next to your tiles or in your reserve)
- Redesign the Alhambra."

There is only one exception of this ONE ACTION rule: "If a player buys a building tile and can pay the exact amount, it is still their turn, and they may decide which of the three actions they would like to perform next."
MarkTJaipur wrote: 30 July 2023, 18:34 I know "you have to put it in play" before the other step occurs. However, if I click on it and it says I can take money, once I take the money it refuses me placement!! I tried placing it, Then picking the money, but as soon as I do, it says "This is not a legal move"
What you described is exactly following the rules. You can't redesign your Alhambra AND take money in the same turn.
Last edited by cigma on 30 July 2023, 21:33, edited 2 times in total.
#zan_zendegi_azadi / #woman_life_freedom
#StandWithUkraine
Language is a source of misunderstanding. (Antoine de Saint-Exupery: The Little Prince) But it is also the source of understanding - it all depends on how you use it. :-)
Smeg

Re: Alhambra denies me legal moves when placing stored building!!

Post by Smeg »

It is only right at the end of your turn - i.e. after any redesigning you may have carried out - that you add the building tiles you have bought to your Alhambra or place them on your reserve board.
If you buy a tile for exact money you get another turn. Then, after you've finished buying tile(s) you add them to your alhambra or reserve board. So adding a tile to your reserve board ends your turn.

If you overpay for a tile then add it to your reserve board you don't get another turn.

Return to “Alhambra”