Ark Nova online cards manager

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
bOOmek

Ark Nova online cards manager

Post by bOOmek »

As I'm a fan of Ark Nova board game, I developed a small, useful (I hope 😉) app to manage cards available in the game.
On the app, you can filter cards based on animal area, type, size and a couple of other options.
There are additional statistics panel on the right side, which informed how many cards are available, based on selected filters.
It's also possible to set a status for a card, by click on the card once (enabled / active) or twice (disabled / inactive).
The app is adapted also for the mobile devices, so you can use it on your next Ark Nova game with friends 🫠

Link: https://pixelt.github.io/ArkNovaCardsManager/
I'm opened for your feedbacks 😎
katmk

Re: Ark Nova online cards manager

Post by katmk »

This is great! I don't think I'm a serious enough Ark Nova player to use it but love the presentation and the thoroughness.

If I was to be really picky, you've got nice hover interactions but when you actually select a filter, it applies immediately. A more gentle transition would make it look really slick.
pjt33

Post by pjt33 »

There's another one at https://ssimeonoff.github.io/ark-nova which includes all cards, not just animals. And yours seems to be missing two animals, because it shows 126 rather than 128. Barn Owl is miscategorised under Asia rather than Europe; I think the missing ones are Coconut Lorikeet and Bennett's Wallaby.

The feature that I would find useful and which neither of them has is to filter by keyword (Iconic, Assertion, Action, etc).
bOOmek

Post by bOOmek »

Barn Owl is miscategorised under Asia rather than Europe
Fixed 8-)
I think the missing ones are Coconut Lorikeet and Bennett's Wallaby.
You are right ;) I added these missing 2 cards 8-)
...which includes all cards, not just animals.
I was already thinking about it (mainly about Sponsor cards) but I want to keep this app as simple as possible, especially to work & display it properly on mobile devices where isn't too much space to display all type of filters etc.
I will think about it once again in near future, maybe I will be able to put additional options related to different cards in some simple way :mrgreen:

Thank you @pjt33 for your feedback!
bOOmek

Post by bOOmek »

I updated the app. Now it also supports Sponsors cards 8-)
It's also possible to define on what kind of cards you want to operate on - only Animals, only Sponsors, or Animals and Sponsors together
I added also science filter, which can be useful for Sponsors cards 8-)
DanHallsworth

Post by DanHallsworth »

I like this, but can't see what setting a status for a card does? Should it change the %s if it is inactive? That would be useful.
I have tried on brave, chrome and edge
bOOmek

Post by bOOmek »

DanHallsworth wrote: 09 August 2023, 13:49 I like this, but can't see what setting a status for a card does? Should it change the %s if it is inactive? That would be useful.
I have tried on brave, chrome and edge
It has only visual aspect, no impact on statistics etc.
pjt33 wrote: 04 August 2023, 17:58 The feature that I would find useful and which neither of them has is to filter by keyword (Iconic, Assertion, Action, etc).
It sounds good, I added this right now 8-)
pjt33

Post by pjt33 »

Great, thanks :D
Zulu

Post by Zulu »

Great work and many thanks for sharing this.
rob10123

Post by rob10123 »

Bald eagle 505 and Golden eagle 509 both show up when selecting Determination effect, but when selecting Aviary Golden eagle doesn't show up.

Return to “Ark Nova”