Help -- Playing The Bishop's Tactic

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Salamano

Help -- Playing The Bishop's Tactic

Post by Salamano »

I'm having trouble playing the Bishop's Tactic in the game...

It seems that the way the game is coded, you have to select a particular move first, then the system works backward to show that you've played a coin face-up or face-down (etc). Well, I can't play a Bishop coin (up or down) before declaring what I'm going to do with it.

I'm trying to play the Bishop's tactic -- when I click on the Bishop coin, I'm only seeing the following highlighted:
- The Depolyed Bishop (if I wanted to bolster it)
- The various coins I can recruit (which sadly only lets me recruit, and NOT then continue on with the Bishop's tactic of 'move/attack'.
- The initiative coin (if I wanted to claim initiative)

Someone tell me what I'm missing and/or what I can do!
tchobello

Re: Help -- Playing The Bishop's Tactic

Post by tchobello »

Tactics are Maneuvers and Maneuvers like Move, Attack are triggered by clicking on the coin on the Board (on hexes) and not the one in your hand ( on the edge of the Board ).

You can read this on the Tooltip too...
Salamano

Post by Salamano »

tchobello wrote: 08 August 2023, 16:15 Tactics are Maneuvers and Maneuvers like Move, Attack are triggered by clicking on the coin on the Board (on hexes) and not the one in your hand ( on the edge of the Board ).

You can read this on the Tooltip too...
Yes, but this has to happen after a Recruit action for the Bishop. When I do this, this is when the further options disappear.
tchobello

Post by tchobello »

No, it's not a Recruit action,
it's a Tactic action where you are allowed to recruit...

Just click on the Bishop on the Hex and look down: halos appear to allow you to recruit.
Salamano

Post by Salamano »

tchobello wrote: 08 August 2023, 18:23 No, it's not a Recruit action,
it's a Tactic action where you are allowed to recruit...

Just click on the Bishop on the Hex and look down: halos appear to allow you to recruit.
NOW I see...

You first click on the Deployed Bishop... Then you'll see the recruitable coins highlight. After clicking on one of those to recruit them, then you can see the move/attack options on the board. ... It's not as intuitive as you'd think, yet now seems straightforward enough! Thanks 😚
tchobello

Post by tchobello »

Salamano wrote: 08 August 2023, 18:52 NOW I see...

You first click on the Deployed Bishop... Then you'll see the recruitable coins highlight. After clicking on one of those to recruit them, then you can see the move/attack options on the board. ... It's not as intuitive as you'd think, yet now seems straightforward enough! Thanks 😚
very first line on the tooltip...

some people prefer buttons and menus everywhere: I do not.

Return to “War Chest”