Introduce Gammon + Backgammon

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
Andy 2022

Introduce Gammon + Backgammon

Post by Andy 2022 »

Is it possible, if there is already no doubling cube and no multiple games as usual in real backgammon, to at least introduce the rules to gammon and backgammon here and express them in higher points in case of victory or defeat?

To explain:

Backgammon is when the opposing player has all his checkers still in the last opponent's quarter.

Gammon is when not all the pieces are in your own last quarter.

In regular games a Backgammon is counted as 3 wins and a gammon as 2 wins.

I hope I have explained it in a reasonably understandable way ;-)
Romain672

Re: Introduce Gammon + Backgammon

Post by Romain672 »

It isn't possible atm, the only thing you can do as a developper is to tell who win, who is second, third... With some potential ties.
And create teams.

And I'm not sure that's a prolem in any other game, so that would require time for only Backgammon to develop it D:
Andy 2022

Post by Andy 2022 »

Romain672 wrote: 09 August 2023, 11:47 It isn't possible atm, the only thing you can do as a developper is to tell who win, who is second, third... With some potential ties.
And create teams.

And I'm not sure that's a prolem in any other game, so that would require time for only Backgammon to develop it D:
I see, but Gammon and Backgammon are some essentials of the game. And if this could be integrated, it would make Backgammon much more realistic here.
Remkar

Post by Remkar »

Andy 2022 wrote: 09 August 2023, 20:18 I see, but Gammon and Backgammon are some essentials of the game. And if this could be integrated, it would make Backgammon much more realistic here.
The developer is currently working on a new version with all of that and the doubling cube. It's in alpha right now, and they have been working through bugs every few months or so in their spare time.
Andy 2022

Post by Andy 2022 »

Hopefully it will reach beta, soon.

Return to “Backgammon”