Partnering with one player for an extended period? Your ELO might get reset

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Julius Grace

Partnering with one player for an extended period? Your ELO might get reset

Post by Julius Grace »

*Moderator edit: Post Removed:
This Post is against our Forum rules. The Forum is for general discussion only, not for calling out specific players or questioning moderations.
Sobriety_

Re: Partnering with one player for an extended period? Your ELO might get reset

Post by Sobriety_ »

Given the occasion I would now also like to comment. And to take it right away, this is not meant to criticize one of the mods. I would like to describe my view objectively, because there seems to be some misunderstandings.

Tichu is a very complex game - comparable to chess - which you can only master after months or years. Unlike chess it is a team game. So no matter how good you are, you can still be unsuccessful without the right team partner. Accordingly there are some fixed teams that have been playing as a team for quite some time because they fit together in their game. And in my opinion that's a good thing. It's always a special challenge to play against good teams. There are even sites on the internet that host tournaments/league games exclusively with fixed teams. For my part, I have found my suitable fixed partner in astro. We're still not perfect, but we're working steadily and having fun so that maybe one day we will be. And that without cheating - like all teams from my friends list. So it should definitely be possible to choose your partner freely (even more so as a paying premium member). It is up to every player if he wants to play against a good team or not. Alternatively another table can be joined or opened by the opponent.

Of course I also use a second account for fun or random games. But these two accounts never sit in a game at the same table, so there is no question of boosting here.

I read a comment in a forum post that playing against friends was not allowed. This is also difficult because the Tichu community is interconnected. So if it is not allowed to play against friends, you would not be able to play games or only with a very long wait.

I am available here gladly with further inquiries.

Finally I offer myself - and also I am probably not alone with this - with special cheating reproaches to examine the replay in detail before Elos are reset. These are hard accusations which you can't get rid quickly and therefore should be checked carefully.

Greetings,
Sobriety_/Amstelinchen
Matme1987

Post by Matme1987 »

How can you put Tichu and chess on an equal footing in terms of complexity? I can hear everything, but this is a bit beyond me...
The "luck" factor of the draws already puts an end to any hope of comparison...you can play like a goddess if you have a crap game you won't manage to win...

Tichu is a card game, admittedly more complex than the average, but it doesn't reach the heights of strategy either...

As for the rest, I have no opinion...

Best regards,
Matthieu
Sobriety_

Post by Sobriety_ »

Omg, Matme, obviously you didn't understand my whole post that was related to Julius' post and topic. And since you have no opinion about it, you could better have saved this post.
Matme1987

Post by Matme1987 »

I took the liberty of replying on this point of detail, on the rest I don't have an opinion...I don't care about this ELO ranking which, for me, makes no sense in a game where luck has such an important place...but everyone sees the game as they wish...

Teddy's post is no longer accessible.

Best regards,

Return to “Tichu”