Turn Based - Fixed time limit = max number of days

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Seth_Logan

Turn Based - Fixed time limit = max number of days

Post by Seth_Logan »

Hi,

I discovered a game of CotBS where the time limit is set to a fixed number of max days (7 days) and the clock runs 24 hours. That would be my ideal setting... but I can't activate it... anyone know why? I'm a premium member.

Come to think of it. There are more instances where I have less options to customize a game compared to other players. Is that done intentionally (beta testing or something?)

Cheers,

Seth
cigma

Re: Turn Based - Fixed time limit = max number of days

Post by cigma »

I don't know any game setting on BGA where the time total for the game is set definitely at game start, like you said: "where the time limit is set to a fixed number of max days".

When you start a turn-based match, BGA will give you an information about how long the game takes on average with this setting. But I don't think you are referring to this, do you?

I suppose what you were looking at was a game set to "1 move/2 days". In each game on BGA you get a time bonus for the whole game, which is +4 days with this game setting. So in this case you can use up to 6 days for a move. If you then play faster than "1 move/2 days" per turn, the reserve will fill up again.

If you still know the table number, you can go back to that game (finished or not) and click on the hamburger menu at the top right (3 horizontal lines) to see the game setting chosen.

Also, there is no difference in time settings for premium or non premium members. For full customizing, use the Play now page and be sure it is set to "manual" (instead of "automatic"). You can find those on top of the page.
#zan_zendegi_azadi / #woman_life_freedom
#StandWithUkraine
Language is a source of misunderstanding. (Antoine de Saint-Exupery: The Little Prince) But it is also the source of understanding - it all depends on how you use it. :-)

Return to “City of the Big Shoulders”