Unplayable on iPad?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
Red Dawn

Unplayable on iPad?

Post by Red Dawn »

Hi everyone,

I’m trying to play TALUVA on my tablet but it turns out the game is unplayable on iPad.

one tile is completely colored in red, another one in brown, then white, green, yellow. We don’t see the jungle, forest, volcano…. I’d like to add a photo but the size is too big.

But when I use my PC, the tiles are normal.

Is there a problem of compatibility? Because I haven’t seen any warning when I started the game.

Tim
bananasplay

Re: Unplayable on iPad?

Post by bananasplay »

Red Dawn wrote: 22 August 2023, 19:49 Hi everyone,

I’m trying to play TALUVA on my tablet but it turns out the game is unplayable on iPad.

one tile is completely colored in red, another one in brown, then white, green, yellow. We don’t see the jungle, forest, volcano…. I’d like to add a photo but the size is too big.

But when I use my PC, the tiles are normal.

Is there a problem of compatibility? Because I haven’t seen any warning when I started the game.

Tim
I have a variety of devices of varying ages, and BGA works fine on some, partially on others (some individual implementations do load and are playable, but some don't and aren't), and on still others BGA is entirely unusable. BGA is a very resource-intensive site, with some implementations being even more resource-hoggy than others.

One of my devices loads certain implementations just fine, but after "too many" tabs have been opened, or after a table has been running "too long", it becomes more difficult, if not impossible, to continue playing without restarting the device.

I've seen that behaviour which you describe on one of my devices with Taluva—and,yeah, it's obviously unplayable there. But I wouldn't say that the implementation is unplayable "on iPad" because there are obviously many generations of iPad running various versions of iOS—it boils down to what your device is capable of and what the implementation demands.

And I wouldn't expect any "warnings" before you sign up for a game. You'd be better off checking compatibility by trying to load a table in progress and seeing whether your device can handle it.

Hope that helps!
Please check my profile for a list of bugs that need upvotes so that BGA will maybe get around to fixing them.

Return to “taluva”