Curiosity rule question about hypothetical situation with Echoes

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
Phoxtrot

Curiosity rule question about hypothetical situation with Echoes

Post by Phoxtrot »

If say the "Normal 1" deck is empty and you have to draw a 1, you draw a 2 instead.
And if you happen to have at least one card in hand and no Echoes card in hand then you draw that 2 from the Echoes deck.
So that "Echoes 1" deck is essentially inaccessible (and greyed out in BGA implementation) if the normal 1 deck is empty.
So far so good.

------------------------------
Now imagine a reverse scenario:
- the normal 2 deck is not empty but the Echoes 2 deck is empty.

I have little experience with Echoes but I believe that this is very unlikely to happen by chance. Still, if you make it a life objective (who am I to judge your life objectives), you should be able to create such a situation by repeatedly recycling the normal 2 cards and playing the Echoes 2 cards without recycling them.

So what happens in that probably rare scenario :
- If I have to draw a normal 2, do I draw it or do a draw a 3 because the Echoes 2 deck is empty ?
- If I have to draw a 2 and I'm in the conditions to draw a Echoes card (and normal deck 2 is not empty but echoes 2 is empty), do a draw a Echoes 3, Normal 2 or nothing ?
Micah Stairs

Re: Curiosity rule question about hypothetical situation with Echoes

Post by Micah Stairs »

If you have to draw a normal 2, you'd draw it, yes. It doesn't matter which expansion decks are empty.

If you have to draw an echoes 2, then you'd get a normal 2 instead.

Return to “Innovation”