My own influencepoints are hidden! WHY?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
TonyFree

My own influencepoints are hidden! WHY?

Post by TonyFree »

I can see the stars, I can see team points, I can see heist points.
But apparently, others see breakpoints or influence points.
I don't see them and I can't find where the settings are to change this.
I did find settings, 4 types of settings, and the last are 'resources' but I don't know what that means and what the differences are.

Now I lose, because I have 9 excellent gangsters an the other has 7, I have more stars, but I can't see why I lost.
I can't calculate my own end score, that is always a surprise...

Hope you can help me!

Greetz, Tony

Oh yeah: if @Lokhir is reading this: how is it possible that I start with this setting?

And: I like itwhen I start with a 8$ boss and the other starts with a 6$ boss, but I like it less when it's the other way around.
But isn't it better to stop with this advantage or disadvantage and always have a 6$ boss against a 6$ boss and an 8$ boss against an 8$ boss?
Lokhir

Re: My own influencepoints are hidden! WHY?

Post by Lokhir »

Hi Tony :) To answer to your two questions :

1. the original rule is that players keep their performed heists during the game face down. Adapted to BGA, it gives the following : everyone can see your team points (because your gangsters points are public), but only you can see the points you gained by the heists you performed during the game.
Since we got some feedbacks during our development phase from players willing to have a totally transparent counting system, we created a setting allowing that. So, you just have to chose that setting when opening your table.

2. About the difference of money at the start of the game, I will refer to a previous post (https://boardgamearena.com/forum/viewto ... 34&t=31888) where we explained why we need to keep a difference. That being said, I am open to discuss about that, since there are players surprised by this difference

Let's ask the community what they think about the following proposal =>

" dear Gangsta fans, do you think we should rise the starting amount of cash for the Yakuza and Ghetto Gang from 6$ to 7$ ? "

Schmeta Games will leave this question open for discussions during two weeks, then we will summarize your feedbacks. If there is a majority of people willing to improve from 6 to 7$, we will start creating a new setting to allow that. Of course, as the print game remains the reference, the default setting will always remain 6$ and you will have to activate that new "7$ setting" when opening a table.

Thanks to all of you for your contributions ! We appreciate a lot to see so much people enjoying the game :)

Yours,

Lokhir / Schmeta Games
TonyFree

Re: My own influencepoints are hidden! WHY?

Post by TonyFree »

Thanks very much!
It was confusing to me that I could see the 'stars' from others and I could see my own stars and thought they were the same.
But the stars I see from others is WITHOUT their heist points, which are easily to count when you scroll down.
So no more surprises for me (if I count)

I was thinking about this option:
you show NO stars from the other players
you show the stars the same as my own.

I haven't played 'clans' yet, so I have no clue what you mean with the cash amount for the Yazuka and Ghetto Gang.

When I play, sometimes I have a 6$ boss and sometimes I have a 8$ boss, as well as the other player.
So sometimes we both have 8$ bosses,sometimes 6 and sometimes I have 6 and the other 8 or I have 8 and the other has 6.
I was just wondering if that disadvantage in the beginning could be a big disadvantage later on, because this game is like a snowball, it keeps growing on top of the other...

Thank you so much for a fantastic game!
I love it!
And I hope to be able to play it as a board game with our board game group

Greetz, Tony

Return to “Gangsta!”