Suggestion - identify recently placed tiles

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
LimitedPower

Suggestion - identify recently placed tiles

Post by LimitedPower »

Is there anyway to mark which tiles were played by your opponent on their previous turn? Something as simply as the little circle that appears during my turn after I start placing a tile but before confirm my choice.

Playing turned based games its hard to remember the flow of the game. Even live games the animation can so quick its hard to see sometimes.
GTSchemer

Re: Suggestion - identify recently placed tiles

Post by GTSchemer »

Yes, click the top right menu and look for the player preference to show the last move.
Last edited by GTSchemer on 29 August 2023, 13:26, edited 1 time in total.
juzamoth

Post by juzamoth »

Yes, but it will be nice to be able to see the last move without clicking on a button .
I have another suggestion, it is possible to add an option to play both black and white with the same map ?
I think some map are better for black other better for white, for strong player it matters ...
GTSchemer

Post by GTSchemer »

juzamoth wrote: 28 August 2023, 02:19 Yes, but it will be nice to be able to see the last move without clicking on a button .
I have another suggestion, it is possible to add an option to play both black and white with the same map ?
I think some map are better for black other better for white, for strong player it matters ...
You do not have to click a button -- it is a player preference. Once you enable that preference, you will always see the last move.
LimitedPower

Post by LimitedPower »

Playing on mobile mostly. Didn't know that menu even existed. Took me a minute to find it. For anyone looking at this in the future is in the top right, you have to open the menu, then scroll down.

Surprised it wasn't set to enabled by default.

Thanks again
GTSchemer

Post by GTSchemer »

LimitedPower wrote: 29 August 2023, 02:39 Playing on mobile mostly. Didn't know that menu even existed. Took me a minute to find it. For anyone looking at this in the future is in the top right, you have to open the menu, then scroll down.

Thanks again
It was requested to be non-default by the designer. Sorry for the confusion.
Jeronimon

Post by Jeronimon »

GTSchemer wrote: 27 August 2023, 17:51 Yes, click the top right menu and look for the player reference to show the last move.
That was a good tip.
Thank you 😊
Jeronimon

Post by Jeronimon »

Edited: double post somehow 🤗
Last edited by Jeronimon on 29 August 2023, 18:38, edited 2 times in total.
LimitedPower

Post by LimitedPower »

GTSchemer wrote: 29 August 2023, 03:59
LimitedPower wrote: 29 August 2023, 02:39 Playing on mobile mostly. Didn't know that menu even existed. Took me a minute to find it. For anyone looking at this in the future is in the top right, you have to open the menu, then scroll down.

Thanks again
It was requested to be non-default by the designer. Sorry for the confusion.
No worries! Thank you for pointing it out. I've been playing on BGA for months and didn't know that menu existed! I image it being not default makes the game match IRL play more so I understand the designers request, but *in my opinion* web implementations shouldn't always mimic IRL perfectly and should adapt to the medium. Again thanks for the tip and for the implementation, its quite a bit of fun.
GTSchemer

Post by GTSchemer »

LimitedPower wrote: 29 August 2023, 13:39No worries! Thank you for pointing it out. I've been playing on BGA for months and didn't know that menu existed! I image it being not default makes the game match IRL play more so I understand the designers request, but *in my opinion* web implementations shouldn't always mimic IRL perfectly and should adapt to the medium. Again thanks for the tip and for the implementation, its quite a bit of fun.
Indeed, many games have player preferences in that menu.

To make it more obvious, I started putting a gear with "Options" in the scoreboard for most of my games.

Return to “Strands”