Who is right : spanish or english rulebook ?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Hagardunor

Who is right : spanish or english rulebook ?

Post by Hagardunor »

For the end of a turn, the spanish rules write :
Si entre los dados activos solo hay dragones o una nave espacial, el turno finaliza automáticamente
which, as far as I understand says:
If among the active dice there are only dragons or ONE spaceship the turn ends automaticaly

whereas the english rules write :
If there are dragon and/or spaceships in the active dice zone, the turn ends immediately

May be I miss a subtlety in the spanish wording, but presently I understand that with spanish rules you should have only one spaceship to end the turn.

Whereas in the english rules, it clearly means that you should have spaceships and/or dragons (whatever the number of each, even none of one kind) to end the turn. Remark that the english rules miss the "s" for dragons which adds to the confusion.

Can someone help me to understand which is right ?

Thanks
battleshipcd

Re: Who is right : spanish or english rulebook ?

Post by battleshipcd »

I believe the Spanish rule you posted would be correct. I've played it a few times, and having spaceships or dragons with other dice does not automatically end your turn.

If you have one or more dragons and no way to remove them (reroll with the meeple, flip with the superhero, destroy with the spaceship, or gain an inactive die with the heart), then your turn immediately ends.

If you have a single spaceship and no other dice, then the spaceship has no available target and your turn immediately ends.
Hagardunor

Re: Who is right : spanish or english rulebook ?

Post by Hagardunor »

battleshipcd wrote: 31 August 2023, 15:37 I believe the Spanish rule you posted would be correct. I've played it a few times, and having spaceships or dragons with other dice does not automatically end your turn.

If you have one or more dragons and no way to remove them (reroll with the meeple, flip with the superhero, destroy with the spaceship, or gain an inactive die with the heart), then your turn immediately ends.

If you have a single spaceship and no other dice, then the spaceship has no available target and your turn immediately ends.

Great thanks, that makes sense

This is an important flaw in the english rules that I will report

Return to “Geek Out! Masters”