Unwinnable Game?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Shield For Your Eyes

Unwinnable Game?

Post by Shield For Your Eyes »

Hello, i just recently played a game that, more than any other i've had with the expansions, struck me as completely unwinnable if the first player makes the correct moves:

https://boardgamearena.com/table?table=415850186

Knossos was guaranteed for me, earning the +2 blue building token, and then a senator was guaranteed for me as first move to get the other two strongest senate tokens for Age I. Given that the opponent only had one extra-turn wonder and they used it pretty well here, was there any way that even an 800+ rated player could have stopped this? Doesn't seem like it to me...

BTW, this wasn't meant to hate on the expansions - i infinitely prefer them to the base game! These kinds of games being so much rarer in the expansions is what makes this noteworthy for me.
silentProtest

Re: Unwinnable Game?

Post by silentProtest »

just a random idea (if someone wants to bring it to the general forum): replayable gameseeds would be awesome!

what I mean by that is an option where you can paste a game link, so you can play that exact setup, to test things, like winability in this case :)
silentProtest

Re: Unwinnable Game?

Post by silentProtest »

it was winable, or at least very undecided at the start even if you had an insane advantage.

first nail in his grave, made by himself was taking the centre green, instead of forcing you to open black for him (by trashing most right) or using extra turn on the left part (if you saw that).

Second and last one was using artemis. Even stopped watching then.

Edit2: Since I dont want to fill this whole thread just with my responses. Yeah, those are the imbalances you get with agora - valid critique, even if not intended. And it could be fixed by one or two simple rules. (imba things, imo, Knosos + black + black on bottom + being first; Knosos + +2 + White on bottom + being first; Julia + black on bottom + being first, but to a lesser degree) - it happens all for first player, with those 2 wonders, but what averages it out throughout 100s of games is that 2nd player can force more things and has greater control in age 1, again imo.

Return to “7 Wonders Duel”