Pre-move on Indians/Gatling (and maybe General Store?)

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Quinlord

Pre-move on Indians/Gatling (and maybe General Store?)

Post by Quinlord »

Hi all,

I think everybody here is familiar with the annoying situation of having distracted players that take more than 30 seconds to respond to a simple Indians or Gatling card. I was wondering: could a pre-move of the style of the game Hearts be implemented also in Bang when responding to these cards? I think the choice of what to respond almost never depends on what the previous players do, and this may speed up a bit some games. What do you think?

If this is possible, it may also be nice to allow for some pre-moves when choosing for the General Store: when it's your turn, if the card you selected is still available, then you automatically pick that without any additional waiting time.

I know it's a little thing, but it may save quite some time when playing with certain people!
Ceaseless

Re: Pre-move on Indians/Gatling (and maybe General Store?)

Post by Ceaseless »

How do you pre-move Indians/Gatling? Isn't the main reason someone is slow playing those cards is not having seen them in the first place, so the same issue that makes them slow when they need to toss or not would prevent them from making a choice right when the card is played?
ExaltedAngel

Post by ExaltedAngel »

Ceaseless wrote: 12 September 2023, 05:55 How do you pre-move Indians/Gatling? Isn't the main reason someone is slow playing those cards is not having seen them in the first place, so the same issue that makes them slow when they need to toss or not would prevent them from making a choice right when the card is played?
This is true, but a pre-move feature would still be cool. I would not recommend it for General Store tho
Quinlord

Post by Quinlord »

Ceaseless wrote: 12 September 2023, 05:55 How do you pre-move Indians/Gatling? Isn't the main reason someone is slow playing those cards is not having seen them in the first place, so the same issue that makes them slow when they need to toss or not would prevent them from making a choice right when the card is played?
True that it won't cancel completely the losses of time, but at least it minimizes them for the player that come after the first one to respond.
It happened to me various times that the first one takes a while to respond, so I get bored and distracted opening a different page in the browser, which may cause a delay also in my (and maybe other players') response, killing a bit more the momentum of the game.

Again, it wouldn't be a revolutionary change, but I think it would be nice if it were implemented.
JayjayBerger

Post by JayjayBerger »

Not on General Store, because observing what people take before you often influences what you'll take (given the choice...)
But for Gatlings and Indians, I agree 100%, they should allow pre-moves to speed things up (play Bang/Missed or pass, your move in that situation is rarely influenced by what happens before you, and you can still wait in the rare situations where it could be...)

Return to “Bang”