Refresh tech cards at Rubber (T7)

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
NaCl_duke

Refresh tech cards at Rubber (T7)

Post by NaCl_duke »

Does anyone know what triggers if the "Refresh Techcards" option is played or not after you picked your first card when reaching T7 (Rubber)?
I had it happen multiple times that I took the first card from the three open cards and wanted to refresh before the second one, but was not given the option. But at others times the "refresh" option pops up between 1st and 2nd draw. It seems arbitrary to me. (I know I get only one refresh during the whole turn. If I used before first draw I do not get another). Unfortunately I do not have a table number. If it happens again I will submit a bug ticket
Isadavaba

Re: Refresh tech cards at Rubber (T7)

Post by Isadavaba »

Hello !
I don't know if this was also reported but yes I consider it a bug (I hope it has already been reported but of course I don't think anyone will update the game at this point, like we have bugs that are here since the release of the updated civs and nothing has changed (as an example, the Merrymakers where you can place a cube on the same place while it's forbidden)). For the moment it happens, yes it seems quite random, and of course it's strange as the processing of multiple things to benefit (M5 for example) is always in the same order (Conquest THEN place the building)
poserLX

Post by poserLX »

Isadavaba wrote: 13 September 2023, 19:18 Hello !
I don't know if this was also reported but yes I consider it a bug (I hope it has already been reported but of course I don't think anyone will update the game at this point, like we have bugs that are here since the release of the updated civs and nothing has changed (as an example, the Merrymakers where you can place a cube on the same place while it's forbidden)). For the moment it happens, yes it seems quite random, and of course it's strange as the processing of multiple things to benefit (M5 for example) is always in the same order (Conquest THEN place the building)
Are you saying that when you advance to M5 you are not given a choice for the order? For a long time now I have been given the choice. If you're not getting it then you should report it as a bug.
Isadavaba

Post by Isadavaba »

Woops sorry made a mistake here I thought we had no choice, I think M6 is a better example of no choice order of benefits!
SlowSlothSnail

Post by SlowSlothSnail »

Isadavaba wrote: 14 September 2023, 10:32 Woops sorry made a mistake here I thought we had no choice, I think M6 is a better example of no choice order of benefits!
I think benefit is always before paid bonus. Unless you want to receive the new tapestry card of M6 before you conquer. I guess that would only matter if you conquer a tile with an upgrade arrow, roll a "?" (or have "pirate rule") and have the tech card (printing press) that allows you to play a new tapestry card
poserLX

Post by poserLX »

SlowSlothSnail wrote: 15 September 2023, 04:05
Isadavaba wrote: 14 September 2023, 10:32 Woops sorry made a mistake here I thought we had no choice, I think M6 is a better example of no choice order of benefits!
I think benefit is always before paid bonus. Unless you want to receive the new tapestry card of M6 before you conquer. I guess that would only matter if you conquer a tile with an upgrade arrow, roll a "?" (or have "pirate rule") and have the tech card (printing press) that allows you to play a new tapestry card
Getting a new tapestry card before conquering could also matter for others reasons. If it's a trap card that might change your mind about where you want to conquer.
SlowSlothSnail

Post by SlowSlothSnail »

Ok, good point. How about the game sequence is programmed the other way around: You get the tapestry card first and then you conquer? Any scenarios where you want to avoid that and prefer to have it the current way? Maybe you want to avoid triggering Tyranny with a new Tapestry Card before you conquer?
poserLX

Post by poserLX »

Yeah, we could think up various scenarios. But I think at this point it all boils down to two facts:

1) The designer (Jamey Stegmaier) has ruled that ALL benefits on a space can be taken in any order (with some qualification given for T7 specifically to disallow refreshing between tech cards).

2) It takes time and effort for the dev to implement said rule.

There's no question of how things SHOULD be implemented, but merely a matter of if/when. And since this latter question depends on factors that are out of our control, I personally am fine to just play the game as is here on BGA until it changes.
Isadavaba

Post by Isadavaba »

Yes on this particular point I'm fine, on some other bugs (As the one for the Merrymakers I said before) I'm not really satisfied, and it's always a bit annoying when a bug can make a huge difference in a game.Of course now I take it into account, but I hope (maybe too much ?) that one day it will be updated

Return to “Tapestry”