Railroad Ink Challenge

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
SquashEngineer

Railroad Ink Challenge

Post by SquashEngineer »

I was invited to participate in an Alpha version of Railroad Ink Challenge. It doesn't load and the Bug Forum is filled with the same issue.

Will Railroad Ink Challenge be fixed/completed/offered for BGA?

There doesn't seem to be an active Forum for Railroad Ink Challenge,
benkrdg

Re: Railroad Ink Challenge

Post by benkrdg »

same question
Kayvon

Post by Kayvon »

Development was abandoned. I've looked over the code and it's not in any sort of playable state. If I were to take on development personally, I would toss what's there and start anew.

Sometimes it's faster to start over than to learn how someone else did everything and try to fix old bugs you didn't write. Maybe someone else (you, perhaps?) will feel differently and take over development, but for now no one is working on it.
SquashEngineer

Post by SquashEngineer »

Is there any site moderated, quality verification before approval to enter Alpha gaming phase on the site?
Kayvon

Post by Kayvon »

Alpha is the quality verification. Prior to that, it's merely a cursory check for license and to see that the table can start, which it must have been able to at one point even if the game wasn't fully implemented.
SquashEngineer

Post by SquashEngineer »

It would be fantastic if the original developer of Railroad Ink Blue and Red continued with the expansions. They happen to be excellent at the moment.
Similar code, same look and feel, possibly faster, ideally better implementation.

Are they available? (obvious question, I realize).
Kayvon

Post by Kayvon »

SquashEngineer wrote: 04 March 2024, 17:05Are they available? (obvious question, I realize).
Obvious answer, too, unfortunately.

If you're interested in taking up development yourself, the project is available. BGA is really good about allowing anyone to learn and create new projects (or even existing ones, for that matter).
JrdDaBird

Post by JrdDaBird »

Does board game arena offer any monetary incentives for developers or owners of the game? (Do premium games give a cut to the owner maybe?)
Seems like we got a few maybe developers on here.
Kayvon

Post by Kayvon »

I'm one such developer. I commonly work out arrangements with publishers to add their games on here. The publisher for Railroad Ink Challenge reached out and we briefly discussed starting anew on the project. I'm not sure what, if anything, will come of it.

There are also several adaptations started just as free, fun projects. Some of them work out, but many or most end up abandoned in the BGA Studio repository. It can be a significant undertaking and first-timers sometimes overestimate their available time for taking on projects.
SquashEngineer

Post by SquashEngineer »

Toot-toot!!!

Publisher: flip this guy a gold coin, and let’s get these expansions and options built in yellow, green, purple, and blueprint.

You know all the people on here have already purchased the Collector’s Edition. We just want to play online, while we wait for our next game night with family and friends, where we’ll be introducing newbs to the whole Inc. universe. They’ll be buying their table copy from their FLGS the next week. (This has already happened twice in my family alone).

Let’s gooooooo!

Return to “Railroad Ink”