Balance material quantity 2/3p variant unavailable

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
hon__

Balance material quantity 2/3p variant unavailable

Post by hon__ »

The Balance material quantity 2/3p variant box is checked for arena mode games but there seems to be no option for it at normal games. I know it is present in the advanced tab but I am 99% confident it either doesn't implement or gets nulled when other people with different settings join. If there is not a way to enable it for normal games there should be.
Patrick of the Isles

Re: Balance material quantity 2/3p variant unavailable

Post by Patrick of the Isles »

hon__ wrote: 20 September 2023, 23:38 The Balance material quantity 2/3p variant box is checked for arena mode games but there seems to be no option for it at normal games. I know it is present in the advanced tab but I am 99% confident it either doesn't implement or gets nulled when other people with different settings join. If there is not a way to enable it for normal games there should be.
If you set up a game table manually then no matter who joins it the settings will stay the same.
RicardoRix

Post by RicardoRix »

Here's the scoop, and I'm gonna tell ya.

Don't use automatic mode, use manual mode.

It's spare parts, bud.
hon__

Post by hon__ »

Neither of these were an answer but I figured it out; you have to select customized setup in the dropdown instead of standard, and then it pops up.
RicardoRix

Post by RicardoRix »

They are both answers, but I guess not the exact answer you were looking for.
It's not entirely clear what you were having problems with. It sounded more like you were frustrated at joining games that didn't suit your settings, which is an automatic mode issue.
But as-long as you figured it out.

Return to “Great Western Trail”