Any plans on implementing the "big version" ?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
SpaceMonkey2104

Any plans on implementing the "big version" ?

Post by SpaceMonkey2104 »

As the title says, any plans to make the big version with all the other animals available on the site ?
I certainly don't mean to complain, but i think the big version has a lot more longevity. Unless licensing only covers the small version or something.
MathCT

Re: Any plans on implementing the "big version" ?

Post by MathCT »

I haven't discussed it with the publisher yet but it's a subject I will bring up when the opportunity arises. ;)
megamau

Post by megamau »

The big version is Shogi, so I don't think there would be any problem with licensing, unless you specifically want the cute animals.
Pikrass

Post by Pikrass »

Hi there!
So, I happened to be working on the "big version" (Shogi) this past month, and it's now released in alpha. Sorry I didn't see this game earlier (I was looking for the wrong name) :/

I don't know if it's technically possible, but maybe we could reference the two games on their respective pages, so people know where to find the simple version to learn the rules and familiarize themselves with the game, and on the other hand Doubutsu Shogi players can get redirected to Shogi when they mastered Doubutsu?

If you want to extend this game Gorogoro is still up for the taking. :) (Though maybe we should see if Yokai no Mori is gonna get implemented)
ufm

Post by ufm »

Pikrass wrote: 14 October 2023, 00:06 I don't know if it's technically possible, but maybe we could reference the two games on their respective pages, so people know where to find the simple version to learn the rules and familiarize themselves with the game, and on the other hand Doubutsu Shogi players can get redirected to Shogi when they mastered Doubutsu?
The principle is, there shouldn't be two implementations with the exact same game.
So, either separate Shogi and Doubutsu Shogi (this means Doubutsu Shogi should not implement the regular Shogi) and then mention each other in the game page (if the publisher is OK with it), or add the regular Shogi in Doubutsu Shogi implementation and remove Shogi in alpha.
Pikrass

Post by Pikrass »

Yes I was implying the first option :)
MathCT

Post by MathCT »

Sorry I didn't see your messages (I didn't get any notifications despite subscribing to the feed)
The problem here is that Shogi is part of the public domain while Doubutsu Shogi (Let's catch a lion! which I developed) is a license. Afterwards, there would indeed have to be, in one way or another, a link between the two.
SmartLion

Post by SmartLion »

shogi and dobutsu are a bit different, and 'the big dobutsu" is actually only a skin for shogi, but not dobutsu anymore.

if so, then consider goro goro shogi with the Yokai no mori skin (edition Ferti) please :)
AstroBilly

Post by AstroBilly »

Even an implementation of Dobutsu Shogi's intermediate variant "Goro Goro" would be a welcome addition :D
ChiefPointThief

Post by ChiefPointThief »

megamau wrote: 04 October 2023, 06:28 The big version is Shogi, so I don't think there would be any problem with licensing, unless you specifically want the cute animals.
Yes. Cute animals wanted :D

Return to “Let's Catch the Lion!”