"Access to this game is currently restricted" Message

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Meeplelowda

"Access to this game is currently restricted" Message

Post by Meeplelowda »

I am getting this error message when trying to start a simple or Arena game. Is this because of the attempt to publish the "Donuts" version (discussed in a different thread)?

By the way, I don't get the hate for the donut "theme," because it's not a theme. It's a skin. It's not different from making a chess set using Star Trek characters (pawns are red shirts, of course) or Disney characters. It doesn't affect the game play, and thus doesn't make the game any less abstract.

This is a fantastic abstract game and if putting a cutesy skin on it helps get it out in the world, I'm all for it.
fabrou

Re: "Access to this game is currently restricted" Message

Post by fabrou »

Yep I have the same question.

pouvons nous avoir des nouvelles svp ??
Matt in the Hat

Post by Matt in the Hat »

"Me too."

I don't know whether to file a bug, post a new message, or just reply to this one.
T72on1

Post by T72on1 »

Game has been disabled. Donut themed one is in alpha testing.
thoun

Post by thoun »

And now in beta, you can play again here : https://boardgamearena.com/gamepanel?game=donuts
fruktansvärt

Post by fruktansvärt »

Well. That is certainly a... different... look.
thoun

Post by thoun »

Yes ! But Insert probably will never come back on it's unpublished form, you'll need to get used to donuts :)
Waddington

Post by Waddington »

I would like to say thanks to Bruno Cathala for this majestic creation and it is about time that some publisher brings this game to real life!
Well deserved, Mr. Cathala!

Now, for the Donuts themed skin, in BGA it would be nice to keep an option to change the skin to the original Insert one.
This is good for the sake of competitive play. colors and themes can distract the competitors on highly skilled competition.
T72on1

Post by T72on1 »

I don't mind a theme being added as such, although I don't feel like abstracts need it. Having said that, this theme absolutely deteriorates the experience, as it is far less clear which move has been made by the opponent and what are my own options. In that respect I'm still hoping that we could at least get a choice.
thoun

Post by thoun »

This probably won't happen, as the author asked bga to remove insert, to be sure it won't mess with donuts release in players minds

Return to “Insert”