Can this be played on a touchscreen tablet?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Javaslinger

Can this be played on a touchscreen tablet?

Post by Javaslinger »

I can't figure out how to drag the tiles. Every other game works via touchscreen that I'm aware of so I figure this one must work that way as well.
Remkar

Re: Can this be played on a touchscreen tablet?

Post by Remkar »

Javaslinger wrote: 08 October 2023, 15:37 I can't figure out how to drag the tiles. Every other game works via touchscreen that I'm aware of so I figure this one must work that way as well.
When I played (months ago), I almost exclusively played on my phone.

I don't remember the interface exactly, but most touch screen interactions on BGA are not drag actions, but "touch the object" to select it, then "touch where you want it," so that would be my best guess for how you place tiles here as well.
jesslc

Re: Can this be played on a touchscreen tablet?

Post by jesslc »

Probably you have worked it out by now but just in case anyone else needs help with this... I use BGA (almost) entirely on an android mobile and AFFO is a little fiddly but otherwise works fine.

You don't drag the tiles. Instead you tap the expand button on the island/house/main board which will bring that board up in a pop up. Then tap the tile (or coin/ore) and place it on the board. There are rotate and flip buttons there too. I believe you can tap and place from the main screen too without opening the board in a pop up but I find that too difficult on my phone.

I usually have to turn my phone to portrait mode to place tiles as I can't typically see the whole pop up area in landscape mode. Also occasionally it's tricky to get tiles/coins in the exact spot I want when I'm trying to place multiple tiles in the same area - I have always been able to manage it eventually but sometimes only by doing it in batches (eg. putting 1 tile in the place I want it, save changes so that one can't be moved anymore, and only then placing coins around it)

The only other note I'd give re mobile is that it's possible to accidentally put a coin/etc on one of your boards without noticing until it's too late to undo it. After doing this a few too many times, I have taken up always double checking for errant coins before clicking the confirm unsaved changes button.

Return to “A Feast for Odin”