Arena : No more Yahtzee, but only YAMS rules ??

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
Jellby

Re: Arena : No more Yahtzee, but only YAMS rules ??

Post by Jellby »

JohnnyCyclops wrote: 14 October 2023, 19:48I think the downside of using the "gurus" method to select game format is only those who continue to play in this Arena season will get to choose next season's format.
Not really. The gurus are those who play most games... Arena or not. So play a lot of yahtzee in any format and you may be a guru.
Short_Giraffe

Post by Short_Giraffe »

And now it’s triple version only for Arena? The games are 3x as long…
ufm

Post by ufm »

Short_Giraffe wrote: 25 October 2023, 04:28 And now it’s triple version only for Arena? The games are 3x as long…
Option categories added during arena season do not have a fixed setting.
Use automatic lobby to block it if you don't want to play triple mode.
Ag3ntOrange7

Post by Ag3ntOrange7 »

I really don't enjoy Yams, so I will not be playing any more this season. I select Yahtzee, because I want to play Yahtzee... not Yams. Maybe split them apart?

Maybe next season.
ufm

Post by ufm »

Ag3ntOrange7 wrote: 25 October 2023, 18:46 I select Yahtzee, because I want to play Yahtzee... not Yams. Maybe split them apart?
Splitting has been rejected for years, and I'll reject it too as there is no reason to split them as you can limit the table open/search by options and the variant mechanisms are similar enough.
If you just want to get a Yahtzee only Arena season... well, it won't be accepted.
In many other games players want to separate expansions or even player numbers as different season modes for the same reason, and all of them have been rejected.
Your best bet is playing a lot of Yahtzee games in normal mode to become a guru and vote for Yahtzee season.
Cat L8dy

Post by Cat L8dy »

But you CAN'T select Yahtzee preference in arena mode. I tried it said that was not available.🥺 We HAVE to play Yams. I don't want to play Yams, I don't like it. 😡😡
ufm

Post by ufm »

I'm speaking this multiple times, but no one can do anything about it as this is a BGA-wide issue which is not limited to this implementation.
As it's how Arena mode is running (at least for now), you have to deal with it. If you don't like it, you can always switch to normal mode.
bchamness

Post by bchamness »

Forgive me, but I don't really get why people are upset about this. The main complaint seems to be "I like playing Yahtzee and not Yams" - but you can still play that as just an open game. Sure it's not in arena so you won't get that rating, but that's not all that different from arena for any other game? If the arena settings rotate player counts, expansions, and game options, I'm sure there's plenty of other games where a set of the player base is like "oh, I love this game, just not at this player count or not with this ruleset" etc.
marknibb

Post by marknibb »

who changed Arena Yahtzee into YAMS? this is horrible. Never play again. Very interested to see statistics on play Changed from one of my favorites to never play again
Waikirikiri

Post by Waikirikiri »

bchamness wrote: 01 November 2023, 15:38 Forgive me, but I don't really get why people are upset about this. The main complaint seems to be "I like playing Yahtzee and not Yams" - but you can still play that as just an open game. Sure it's not in arena so you won't get that rating, but that's not all that different from arena for any other game? If the arena settings rotate player counts, expansions, and game options, I'm sure there's plenty of other games where a set of the player base is like "oh, I love this game, just not at this player count or not with this ruleset" etc.
Problem is I paid for premium for Arena access to play certain games.
Now one of them has been removed and been replaced with a different game that I don't like.
Not fair.

And it shouldn't be labelled Yahtzee when it is yams because yams is not Yahtzee.

Return to “Yahtzee”