Cost of wonders: a bug?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
numberoneone

Cost of wonders: a bug?

Post by numberoneone »

Does someone know why do wonders change their cost during the game? It seems happen when the glass is acquired, but sometimes I don’t find the reason. I made some screenshots when the cost is clearly wrong…
robinzig

Re: Cost of wonders: a bug?

Post by robinzig »

Can we see those screenshots?

Costs of wonder stages should never change during the game (but of course, what you need to pay can and does change as you acquire more resources/money - I assume that's not what you're referring to, but I find it hard to believe there's such a fundamental bug in a popular game that's been regularly-played here on BGA for many years, without seeing some evidence. Most likely you're misunderstanding something but I can't imagine what without seeing evidence of the alleged "bug".)

[EDIT: missed that this was the 7WD forum - I thought you were talking about "plain" 7 Wonders! :oops: . See the reply after mine for more intelligent commentary!]
Last edited by robinzig on 17 October 2023, 22:47, edited 1 time in total.
Guudys

Post by Guudys »

It must be that your opponent got resources required for your Wonder and you don't produce of these, the price of a resource will go up. It's 2 coins + how many your opponent has.

Example with The Great Library 3 woods, 1 papyrus, 1 glass. You produce 1 wood, 1 papyrus, 1 glass. If your opponent produces no wood, the wonder would cost 4 coins. Now, your opponent builds a brown card producing 2 woods on it. The wonder will now cost 8 coins because you'll need to cover those 2 woods which will cost 2+2 each.
michaelHastriter

Post by michaelHastriter »

I still want to see these screenshots.

I think the post above me solved the issue, but now I'm just curious how badly they hurt you with the glass grab. Are we talking Mausoleum and Sphinx. In that case they got you good. :D
numberoneone

Post by numberoneone »

Screen shots are too heavy to attach
numberoneone

Post by numberoneone »

But anyway, if the fist increase because the opponent has resources I don’t have, it is not in the original rules.
Some cards which require 3 stones cost 10 bucks…how it could be?
Seriously something is wrong with maths there
silentProtest

Post by silentProtest »

numberoneone wrote: 23 October 2023, 00:22 But anyway, if the fist increase because the opponent has resources I don’t have, it is not in the original rules.
Some cards which require 3 stones cost 10 bucks…how it could be?
Seriously something is wrong with maths there
for example by you having a stone and opponent 3, math seems fine ....

Return to “7 Wonders Duel”